New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2016, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
4,453 Posts
It is modeled on a mk9 ..although very loosely ..whatever mk its supposed to b it suffers from a few scale issues ..but..this bird is designed to fly with great ease and is made to be forgiving in flight ..I'm a bit of a scale buff but with this spit it doesn't worry me as it is a real joy to fly ..she's pretty good in the wind but loves the calm and she flows beautifully ..
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2016, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by Luke2000
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
He welcome to the thread...yup offset is needed to counter torque roll
Jeff
Hi all,

Great thread. Just bought a used one that looks like its been in a few battles
The mount has been removed so not sure which way is up. I can see that the plate has offset built in, but when you say offset to the right, is that when looking from the back to the front (direction of flight) or vise versa?

Thanks, Luke
Luke2000 is offline Find More Posts by Luke2000
Old Jan 23, 2016, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by tomsza
Too much WT - back to building
United States, WI, Bloomer
Joined Mar 2013
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2000 View Post
but when you say offset to the right, is that when looking from the back to the front (direction of flight) or vise versa?

Thanks, Luke
Yes, back to the front. As if you were sitting in the cockpit looking forward. Typically the thrust angle is in the direction of the prop rotation. This works to help counter opposite rotational force exerted on the airframe.
tomsza is offline Find More Posts by tomsza
Old Jan 23, 2016, 04:57 AM
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsza View Post
Yes, back to the front. As if you were sitting in the cockpit looking forward. Typically the thrust angle is in the direction of the prop rotation. This works to help counter opposite rotational force exerted on the airframe.
Super thanks,

I'll crack on!

Luke
Old Jan 23, 2016, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
4,453 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to u Luke ..seems tomsza has nailed your question ..good luck getting it together
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Jan 23, 2016, 03:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Sorry I didn't get back to u Luke ..seems tomsza has nailed your question ..good luck getting it together
Thanks.

Luke
Old Jan 23, 2016, 05:08 PM
Joined Mar 2013
156 Posts
Quote:
It is modeled on a mk9 ..although very loosely ..whatever mk its supposed to b it suffers from a few scale issues ..but..this bird is designed to fly with great ease and is made to be forgiving in flight ..I'm a bit of a scale buff but with this spit it doesn't worry me as it is a real joy to fly ..she's pretty good in the wind but loves the calm and she flows beautifully ..
Yes, it flies rock solid. If it wasn't for the take off/landing balance weakness, it would be a great low-wing warbird trainer (IMO). This entire thread is an invaluable resource for modifying this bird. As our field is now closed for the season, and my spit has been stripped of its paint, all I have to hold me over is the last shot I took of my two Brits.
Name: IMG_2500.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 1.03 MB
Description:
Old Feb 01, 2016, 09:30 PM
Joined Mar 2013
156 Posts
New Battery Location

Moved the battery (4s/3000) location to lower the CG and help with the nose overs. The marker mark is where the plane balanced out with this battery. This and adding dihedral should change the axial balance a lot.
Name: batterylocationa.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 376.8 KB
Description:
Last edited by tomsza; Feb 05, 2016 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling