Old Jun 26, 2016, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by Rapter661
RATOR661
Joined Jun 2016
17 Posts
Help!
24" plans

Im looking for plans for planes. 24 inch ws and roughly 36 inches long.or a way to build one using multiple seperate sheets of foam. Any one have and plans please share. Im gonna attempt my first foam scratch build. Any plans for any planes that size preferrably would be appreciated thank you.
Rapter661 is offline Find More Posts by Rapter661
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by wwmoggy
Canada, ON, Peterborough
Joined Dec 2014
136 Posts
you could start with a 24" nutball http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836389
wwmoggy is offline Find More Posts by wwmoggy
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by failboat
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
3,025 Posts
I suspect it would be preferable to build something with a 36" wingspan and a 24" length than the other way around.

I haven't built it, but maybe the "old-fogey-ish" scratch build that has been posted on RCG before would be a good first subject since it will fly at a walking pace and looks simple:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2055551&page=2

when the PDF plans are printed they can be scaled down to reach a desired size.

If I built something like that, I'd use very light but capable electronics.
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat
Old Jun 26, 2016, 02:07 PM
Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
5,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapter661 View Post
Im looking for plans for planes. 24 inch ws and roughly 36 inches long.or a way to build one using multiple seperate sheets of foam. Any one have and plans please share. Im gonna attempt my first foam scratch build. Any plans for any planes that size preferrably would be appreciated thank you.
Just curious , why does your first foam scratch build need to be that size specifically ? A more important consideration is the purpose of the plane - if you want to use it for first time learning to fly an RC plane , you should be asking for plans for a good trainer .

In your other thread "Need help with My New F22 Rapter" I recommended building a TRAINER plane ( for learning to fly ) , and seeking help from an experienced RC flyer . And Mark Wood responded in that thread that he would be willing to help you , is that happening ?
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Jun 26, 2016, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by Rapter661
RATOR661
Joined Jun 2016
17 Posts
Ok then i am gonna take ur advice. I need plns for good trainer. Im new to the rc plane hobby. So dont mind my lack of knowledge. Thank you.
Rapter661 is offline Find More Posts by Rapter661
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
5,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapter661 View Post
Ok then i am gonna take ur advice. I need plns for good trainer. Im new to the rc plane hobby. So dont mind my lack of knowledge. Thank you.
Cool ! The scratch built plane I use to teach first time RC flyers is the EzFly , here's the thread - I use EzFly R3 drawing in the list of plans .
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174874

Here is one of my EzFlys that I use to teach first timers :

Copy of EzFly with under-cambered wing (1 min 57 sec)
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon