Old May 26, 2016, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by pval3
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
2,019 Posts
Help!
Bob martin Pussycat rib template

Hello all.

Had a nostalgic moment last weekend decided to do a simple build.

Have the plans...made templates of the fuse and tail feathers when I built the original only to realize there are no rib patterns show on the plans.

Can anyone assist?

Ps already checked Outerzone and tower hobbies for "spare wing kits".

It amazes me that hobico did not continue production of this one as it was the best of the bunch in the air.
pval3 is offline Find More Posts by pval3
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2016, 01:48 AM
Find More Posts by BigSwede
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,788 Posts
Can't help you, but the Pussycat was my first RC plane, loved it when I was a teenager till my brother flew it into a telephone pole. Good luck with your build. I would think you could just scale down the one rib they show on the plans. Not sure if the airfoil thinned or anything towards the tip.
BigSwede is online now Find More Posts by BigSwede
Old May 27, 2016, 05:44 AM
Find More Posts by pval3
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
2,019 Posts
Fortunately it has a tapered plan form
Awesome find. ..I found the other plans but not the Pussycat for some reason
Only the center rib is shown on those plans as well... same as my copy which was from the"Bob martin" Era. ....same same from what I can see. .
So I'm still looking.
Thanks
Old May 27, 2016, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by BigSwede
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,788 Posts
Right, you can use a copier to scale the ribs in the tapered section from the original rib provided on the plan. Just measure the length of each tapered rib and scale it down the right percentage on the copier. You'll have to adjust each notch for the spar and leading edge, but I don't think the airfoil is thinned towards the tip so you should be able to get the right rib shapes this way.
BigSwede is online now Find More Posts by BigSwede
Old May 27, 2016, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by pval3
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
2,019 Posts
hey Big Swede thanks for that
thought of that as well as a last resort. The beauty of being old is that Im not in any rush!
.The way he designed the wing is that it fits the dowel as a leading edge the whole way . . If you scale it down, you also scale the thickness of the LE down and it will no long "plug" into the leading edge dowel properly.
if anyone has a set of kit ribs they would mind throwing on their scanner and making a pdf copy of the outlines (you dont even need to take them out if the tree to do this) I would be eternally thankful
thanks
Old May 27, 2016, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by TonyMegowan
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Jan 2013
43 Posts
If nothing else I have the ribs for the Pussycat. I believe they are the same with mods for the ailerons. I'll trace them out tonight snd post them for you.
TonyMegowan is offline Find More Posts by TonyMegowan