Old Feb 14, 2016, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by Acer
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
2,093 Posts
Discussion
Resurrected My HS1177 Camera for the Second Time

I broke my HS1177 FPV camera today at the field. When I took it apart I seen that a small SMD component popped off the board.

I don't like throwing things away without seeing if I can fix them first, so I turned on the soldering iron and went to work.

The component turned out to be an inductor and it was bad, so I found another inductor off an old broken VTX I had lying around. The new inductor was too large to fit on the board in the same spot as the old one, so I added a couple of wires.

Soldered her up and put the camera back together and crossed my fingers. IT WORKS!

That makes this the second time I resurrected this camera (the first time I soldered the CCD back on the board )

Acer is online now Find More Posts by Acer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2016, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by Exidous
Mildly Awesome
Netherlands, LI, Brunssum
Joined Mar 2011
492 Posts
I just had to do this to mine. Was able to solder the original back in though. Used super glue on the whole board. Covered the sensor first of course.
Exidous is offline Find More Posts by Exidous