HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2011, 07:20 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,688 Posts
New Product
Aquacraft Motley Crew

They are in stock right now at Tower. I just got my backorder email today that my boat was shipped this afternoon! I'm freaking pumped!
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 11:36 PM
Joined Dec 2010
1,066 Posts
Are you going to mod it or will you be keeping her stock? Congrats!
SARCFAN is offline Find More Posts by SARCFAN
Old May 14, 2011, 12:24 AM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
2,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARCFAN View Post
Are you going to mod it or will you be keeping her stock? Congrats!
I might need to leave it stock for a little while even though I have a complete new setup for this boat all ready prepped and ready to drop in. I have to do some battery testing for a study and need a mild setup first which this will be perfect for. Then after a few testing runs she will get upgraded!
Old May 14, 2011, 01:18 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1,066 Posts
Can't wait to see a vid, before and after!
Old May 14, 2011, 06:54 AM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Sound like a hull for a Leopard 4074 2200kv on 4s to me!!!!!!!!!
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old May 14, 2011, 09:08 AM
Canada, ON, Peterborough
Joined Nov 2009
543 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to hear your review of it.
I like the idea of using it stock to do some battery testing, will give people a good idea of what to expect from their batteries in a setup similar to what they have. Once people step up in performance most of them start using higher end batteries to keep up with the amp draw.
I might look for a bare hull next year, possibly damaged or something as I'd have to paint it.
I've never owned a cat before, could be next summers learning project.
siberianhusky is offline Find More Posts by siberianhusky
Old May 15, 2011, 02:59 AM
Danmark, Sjælland, Sorø
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
Hi all, and greetings from Denmark.

I cant wait to see this boat in action. Im new to boating and have done tons of research to find the right boat. Unfortunately I bought the wrong boat to start out with... I bought the villain ex, cool looking and handles nicely, but too slow. lesson learned, but also a good boat I can experiment with, with upgrades and such....

Now I have narrowed down to 4 candidates ... unfortunately availability in Denmark are very very slim, so I'd have to order from the states or china etc.

Candidates are
Motley crew catamaran
Pursuit mono 32"
Miss Geico catamaran
Victory 860BP Nichols catamaran

Motley crew being my favorite.. I love the design, and the video looks so cool. And the interior design looks really nice compared to some of the other boats which seems to be really small inside the motor compartment. The motley crew seems so much more new-user-friendly.
bostong is offline Find More Posts by bostong
Old May 15, 2011, 08:19 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
2,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostong View Post
Hi all, and greetings from Denmark.

I cant wait to see this boat in action. Im new to boating and have done tons of research to find the right boat. Unfortunately I bought the wrong boat to start out with... I bought the villain ex, cool looking and handles nicely, but too slow. lesson learned, but also a good boat I can experiment with, with upgrades and such....

Now I have narrowed down to 4 candidates ... unfortunately availability in Denmark are very very slim, so I'd have to order from the states or china etc.

Candidates are
Motley crew catamaran
Pursuit mono 32"
Miss Geico catamaran
Victory 860BP Nichols catamaran

Motley crew being my favorite.. I love the design, and the video looks so cool. And the interior design looks really nice compared to some of the other boats which seems to be really small inside the motor compartment. The motley crew seems so much more new-user-friendly.
The Nichols is a Vantex hull, not bad but not great. With a lot of work can be a decent running hull. Pursuit is a excellent boat, depending where you get it from and what motor/esc is in it will make the difference on how it runs. The MG is a real winner, I love mine the MC we will see but onething I do know is being it's aquacraft it's gonna be a real winner!
Old May 15, 2011, 08:47 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,757 Posts
I've read a bit on OSE from guys that have run both (pre-production motley crews), and it apparently runs very similarly to the miss Geico. I think the decision will come down to which you prefer the look of since the specs are very similar.
wparsons is online now Find More Posts by wparsons
Old May 15, 2011, 09:14 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
From the vid i saw it runs very well and turns on a dime....................but sheesh, what a horrible paint/decal them................i think its kinda ugly........sorry if i offend
Old May 15, 2011, 09:45 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
2,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
From the vid i saw it runs very well and turns on a dime....................but sheesh, what a horrible paint/decal them................i think its kinda ugly........sorry if i offend
I also thought the graphics were HORRIBLE, been then I seen the RCU interview with Grim and look how the boat looks in the video i think it looks kinda cool in the video. The product/website photos just suck I think the vid does a nice job of showing the boat. http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=24208

The Toledo Show 2011 - Aquacraft Motley Crew Catamaran (6 min 4 sec)
Old May 15, 2011, 09:50 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Looks like it'd be the easiest hatch tape job i have ever seen!
Old May 15, 2011, 10:06 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
2,688 Posts
Quote:
Sound like a hull for a Leopard 4074 2200kv on 4s to me!!!!!!!!!
I'll be running a leopard on 4s, but it won't be a 4074 or 2200kv I also had chuck from OSE whip up a special prop just for this application... It turned out GREAT. I should have a good setup... After stock testing of course.

Quote:
Looks like it'd be the easiest hatch tape job i have ever seen!
Yea it does look like they did a good job and thought about the taping. I love the tub design like the ul1. UPS tracking says Tuesday 5/17 for eta....
Old May 15, 2011, 10:12 PM
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
I'll be running a leopard on 4s, but it won't be a 4074 or 2200kv I also had chuck from OSE whip up a special prop just for this application... It turned out GREAT. I should have a good setup... After stock testing of course.
Not fair to tease.....................????
Old May 16, 2011, 01:05 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1,066 Posts
Ditto Please tell us!