HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by hpnuts
France
Joined Sep 2006
225 Posts
You do not configure serial vs ppm. (In fact not yet, I'm thinking about it but that's another story.)
PPM is active as soon as the dial is not on zero.
You need to configure the PPM has shown above if you want to access a protocol which is not there by default.

Ref bind happening all the time, I'm mentionning this in the Troubleshooting part of the doc under Bind: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...-Module#bind-1
Quote:
It migth happen that your module is always binding at power up. If this is the case, there is a big chance that you are using an Arduino Pro Mini with an external status LED. To work around this issue connect a 10K resistor between D13 and 3.3V.
Let me know if it's solving or not your issue.
I'm really trying to get the doc answering a maximum of questions.
hpnuts is online now Find More Posts by hpnuts
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by Pentel
Joined Dec 2015
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts View Post
@nigelsheffield
CX-10W is wifi only. So forget to connect it to anything else than a smartphone or tablet.
I think you might be wrong, most of the previews and reviews have said it can be controlled with a standard controller too. I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of the current cx-10 protocols.

http://www.rcdronearena.com/2016/01/13/cheerson-cx-10w/

"The CX-10W comes in a couple of bundles, with and without the controller. To get the controller, you only pay $2 extra; so I personally highly recommend getting the controller version."

I've also seen the same thing said in quite a few places, that said I've not seen a version with the controller for sale yet. The FQ777 is seen with a standard controller most of the time too.

Of course it's still going to need someone with a cx-10w and either a working controller or a multiprotocol board to test anything.
Pentel is offline Find More Posts by Pentel
Last edited by Pentel; Yesterday at 11:30 AM. Reason: format
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by edgeshark
Joined Apr 2014
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts View Post
@edgeshark
V931 is using the KN protocol based on NRF24L01.
The multi module supports 11 channels as described here: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-..._Details.md#kn
Have you tested it on a v931 or are you just asking the question?
If you have tested it and it does not work, please give some details; tx type, multi firmware version, led status behavior, model led status behavior.
- Pascal
Thanks for the quick response Pascal and Beanie. I was just asking the question. I have a FS-TH9X that I have been using to control my v911s (using out of the box protocol). I am just starting to research the modifications necessary to use the Tx to control the v931s I now fly.

Beanie, could you please elaborate on the ability to adjust throttle curves? This is one of my main gripes with the RTF Tx shipped with the v931.
edgeshark is offline Find More Posts by edgeshark
Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM
France
Joined Sep 2006
225 Posts
@Pentel
Product page from the manufacturer: http://www.cheersonhobby.com/productShow.asp?id=3665 . Only wifi mobile is supported.

But let's say it does, you have 2 options:
- tear apart your cx-10w and take pictures, we should find a NRF24L01 or clone in there.
- build a multi module and try all the existing cx-10 protocols

Like I said to someone earlier without a TX+model in our hands or full SPI dump, we can't help.

- Pascal
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
France
Joined Sep 2006
225 Posts
@edgeshark
Throttle and pitch curves are hardcoded in the V931.
This is where the 11 channels add some possibilties since you can add a mixer/curve on the throttle trim to modify the built-in throttle curve.
But don't think you will be able to fully override the built-in curves.
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by beanie
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
4,898 Posts
@hpnuts,
thanks for all the info. i thought i read the document carefully, but obviously not closely enough. sorry about that. i'll try adding the 10k resistor and post the results in case others are interested. even if i didn't add the resistor, would that be a bad thing? also, my understanding of the Spektrum DSMX and DSM2 is that it will try DSMX first and then default down to DSM2 if there is no DSMX signal. is this not true of the mulitprotocol module?... instead, we would have to do the configuration file modification that you were talking about instead, right?

@edgeshark,
hpnuts is right on. the throttle and pitch curves are programmed into the Rx board of the v931. so, you really can't alter the curves significantly. like hpnuts said, some have been able to tweak the curves slightly with trims and logical switches, but not much. the same is true of the v977. this is why i was looking at the xk k110 which is essentially a v977, but give you the ability to program the throttle and pitch curves. but i can only find the xk k110 in S-FHSS protocol which is why i was asking about it earlier. but it looks like no joy yet with S-FHSS protocol.
-beanie
beanie is offline Find More Posts by beanie
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by edgeshark
Joined Apr 2014
24 Posts
Beanie, you and I think alike. I too have been watching the xk k123 and also keeping an eye on possible S-FHSS options. Pascal, thanks for the clarification on the v931. So it does not appear that the change from the RTF Tx to my FS-TH9X will be as noticeable on the v931 as it was with the v911.
edgeshark is offline Find More Posts by edgeshark
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM
France
Joined Sep 2006
225 Posts
@beanie
The module will not try first DSMX and default to DSM2 afterwards. Basically the protocol like it is now doesn't listen to the RX to be able to decide... So you should have at least 2 entries DSM2 & DSMX and use the one that works with your model. And yes this is what I was talking about previously.
Bind all the time: personnaly I don't like it at all. It means that when you power up your TX you migth catch a model which is not yours... If you are always flying alone why not. But it can become an issue when flying with others... And in the end it's just a matter of adding a resistor or removing the additional led+resistor...
S-FHSS protocol is being looked at on the deviation forum. So let's see. Personnaly I don't have access to a TX/RX so I can't help.
By the way the HCP100S is fully customizable, has a lot of power with 2 brushless and use Hisky which is available on multi.
- Pascal
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by beanie
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
4,898 Posts
@pascal,
i tried adding the 10k resistor between D13 and 3.3V and it worked! thanks so much. i should have read the instructions more carefully.
yes, i have the HCP100S and really like it but it doesn't have 6axis gyro. i'm still learning so, i'd like to have that option. but at the same time, i don't want to pick up bad habits by relying on 6axis.
-beanie
beanie is offline Find More Posts by beanie
Old Today, 03:02 AM
France
Joined Sep 2006
225 Posts
@beanie
Then take a HCP80v2 which has the 6axis mode.
I've got the v1 and flying really often with it. It has a lot of power, extremely agile, acrobatic (loops, inverted flight,...), silent. The advantage is the light weight of this heli, I haven't broken a single part since I have it (almost 2 years). When you crash and it happens when trying new things, it just survives!
One of the member of our club has a v2 and is beginner. He is flying 3 axis most of the time but when he loose control he flicks quickly to 6 axis and the heli stabilize itself which is quite impressive.
- Pascal
Old Today, 03:09 AM
Find More Posts by msc51
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...pf-to=pcqq.c2c
msc51 is online now Find More Posts by msc51