HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2007, 07:11 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
Help!
Upgrading an F27B to a F27C... How?

I recently smashed my F27B into the ground at full speed after FOUR low altitude barrel rolls, I came out on my side, panicked, and put two-in-one and rolled the plane out and pulled up at the same time. I was going so fast, the plane was a bit more responsive and rolled upside down. You know what happened after that - I pulled straight into the ground. My internal stuff is ok, my motor, servos, receiver, ect, thats all ok. Its just the outside... Anyways, as I am twelve, I'm limited on money, but like doing extra. I would like to upgrade my F27B to an F27C PNP. However, I have no idea whatsoever how I'm supposed to do this. The F27B is a 3 channel, the F27C is four. WHY IS IT FOUR? Its one servo for each elevon, theres two, and one for the motor. So, why is there four in the F27C model? Is there something I don't know about in the F27C? Apparently. Keep in mind, I'm twelve, short on money, so don't go telling me I need a new receiver and control surface and stuff, I can't afford it. If I could, I'd be gas powered by now. AND, Do NOT tell me to stay with the F27B because I apparently can't fly it, I've had the plane for a long time before and have landed the thing harmlessly upside down on the top of my mothers car before. Don't tell me I'm not skilled enough for the F27C. Anyways, Heres what I need to know, in simple terms. 1. Why is the C model 4 channel, not three? 2. How much money is upgrading going to cost me? 3. all the supply's I would need to upgrade. 4. Whether or not I should just stick with the B model
instead of upgrading. ( I really would like the upgrade, so please, anything you say on this helps.) Oh, and its May the 6th, so, in two weeks I would like to be in the air again. My friend and I are having a party at his house and you don't know how funny it would be to dive-bomb the people there. Thank you so much for your help! ~Noah~ PS: I'm not in the mood for complaints and criticism. Don't give me that. I've already nearly wiped my computer off the earth once today. (Don't we hate dial-up?)
JARdude is offline Find More Posts by JARdude
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2007, 07:44 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,677 Posts
The only thing that's the SAME between the two is the airframe. ALL the electronics are different. To get C's performance on a budget, your best bet would be to upgrade your B with a LiPo and brushless motor. I don't know why the C is 4ch, I believe it still only uses 3. My guess is Parkzone just upgraded their equipment, and the 4CH stuff was either higher quality or cheaper than their standard 3ch(or both). Good luck with your rebuild.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old May 06, 2007, 08:18 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
Good Idea - You know, I did forget to mention that later that day after I realized that I didn't have the battery with me, I went back to the park that I was flying at and found that they had mowed the lawns there... LiPo might just be the answer here, I still have the LiPo Propeller in my room sitting with the other on top of my wreckage.
Old May 06, 2007, 08:25 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff
The only thing that's the SAME between the two is the airframe. ALL the electronics are different. To get C's performance on a budget, your best bet would be to upgrade your B with a LiPo and brushless motor. I don't know why the C is 4ch, I believe it still only uses 3. My guess is Parkzone just upgraded their equipment, and the 4CH stuff was either higher quality or cheaper than their standard 3ch(or both). Good luck with your rebuild.

Is the standard charger compatible with a LiPo battery? You know - I'm lying my way to getting this upgrade, saying the brushless + LiPo = Total miracles, I hope its compatible, the less money I'm forced to earn before the party the better...
PS: My parents are buying me the new fuse for the F27B, I have to get the battery. ( And motor too, most likely. )
Old May 06, 2007, 08:27 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
How do I post photos on this thing? I'm not familiar with this site so much - I only turn to it for answers for my problems. I come here often.
Old May 06, 2007, 08:47 PM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
No the stock charger is not compatable with lipo.
To post pics click on the go advanced button under the post comment box. From there click on the manage attachments box , then a new window or tab will open and simply upload your photos.
Harry
Water Boy is offline Find More Posts by Water Boy
Old May 06, 2007, 09:00 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Boy
No the stock charger is not compatable with lipo.
To post pics click on the go advanced button under the post comment box. From there click on the manage attachments box , then a new window or tab will open and simply upload your photos.
Harry
Poo. That sucks. Anyways, thanks for info on posting pictures, Here is a few pictures of the plane that I took.
Old May 06, 2007, 09:03 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I think you need a new receiver and stuff
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old May 06, 2007, 09:05 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
Oops. The dog is NOT my plane. But I couldn't resist posting his stupidity on the internet. Dog Photo 1: The floppy flyer's middle is ripped out, and when my dog Cowboy does not give it back, I rap it around the back of his ears until hes more than willing to drop it. (That'll teach ya, you old goof.) Dog Photo 2: My dog
Cowboy stares back at me through the window from his perch in my back porch chair. Cowboy is such a stupid dog, we have to keep him on a medication so he won't accidentally kill himself.
Old May 06, 2007, 09:05 PM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
Dude thats not that bad. you can fix that with 5 minute epoxy and ready in no time. My cuz and I have had crashes with are Strykers and repaired them on site. Just be sure to dry fir the pieces and use masking tape to hold in place while it cures.
Water Boy is offline Find More Posts by Water Boy
Old May 06, 2007, 09:07 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
I think you need a new receiver and stuff
I tested the stuff with a SkyFly battery, which I know I'm not supposed to do but I did anyways, and it all worked. Don't you love the strong fuse of the Stryker? It rocks!
Old May 06, 2007, 09:08 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
I still need a new battery. I like things new. Can you not tell? :P
Old May 06, 2007, 09:15 PM
Got H2? Fuel Cell R/C Car
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Joined Mar 2004
2,473 Posts
Dude, whip out the 5min expoxy and some duct tape and than thing will be back in the air in a day!
If you really want to upgrade to the C, your best beat would probaby just to buy a new one. I know you dont have the money too, but if you do some extra work, you can do it.
I believe C is three channels, i just includs a four channel TX, one of their standards one.
Keith
I used to own a few F-27s heavily modified, 80-100 mph.
Keith43221 is offline Find More Posts by Keith43221
Old May 06, 2007, 09:21 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
My email is noah@uwmail.com, I check it almost all the time. If you want to contact me quickly, this is the way. Just include "I'm from RcGroups" in your subject. I delete mail from people I do not know or don't have that in their subject. I'm going to go read and then turn in, but I appreciate every response I'll get tonight, and I'll be on here in the morning. I will be going to a hobby shop, I'll buy some 5 min. epoxy and a new regular battery.
Old May 06, 2007, 10:48 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,677 Posts
I believe there is an "upgrade" NiMH battery that has an extra cell in it for the Strykers. I could be wrong about that though.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff