HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
United States, MD, Rising Sun
Joined Mar 2014
28 Posts
Discussion
problem using rechargeable aa's

I have a Hobby King HK-T6A V2 transmitter, I am using Ni-Mh rechargeable batteries: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-P...e+aa+batteries
My transmitter light only stays green for a short period of time, and quickly goes to red. I am thinking this is because the batteries are 1.2 volt rather than 1.5.
Do you folks recommend using alkaline 1.5 volt aa's instead of rechargeable, or is there another way to continue using the ones I have, but able to ensure they aren't too low?
tinashubby is offline Find More Posts by tinashubby
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,015 Posts
I used one of those for a while with Imideon NiMh. The light would go from green to orange quite soon but would stay there for a very long time before it turned red. Always seemed to work fine while the light was orange. I would usually see it red if had been used for a fair bit at orange and then sat unused for a few days. I would turn it on and it would be red.

Basically I just charged it nearly every time after using it and never really say red anymore.
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36