HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:52 AM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
Discussion
Intro and a couple questions

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and finally signed up. I'm brand new to RC but come from a motocross and bmx background. I bought an older Tmaxx from my brother that had low run time (1 gallon of fuel went through it) he tried to rebuild the engine because "his friend told him to". After "rebuild" he couldn't get it started again then sat for several years. I got my hands on it a couple months ago after shooting the breeze at Christmas time at the parents. Bought a new engine for it (Dynamite .19 I think is what it's called) had some trouble getting it fired for the first time, but this past week I've finally got it going and broken in according to instructions supplied.
These things are pretty cool!! took it off my 5ft high bmx kicker yesterday and busted out some flips, but then tried flipping in the bucket of my loader and one rear driveshaft/cv shaft broke. What do I need for an upgrade for the driveshafts? I did a quick ebay search but don't really know what steel driveshafts will fit this older Tmaxx 2.5.
Also, maybe the biggest question, how do you clean these things?! It's pretty sloppy around my place with spring thaw happening, any spray cleaners that are safe? or old fashioned toothbrush and elbow grease?

Thanks,
RampBuilder81 is offline Find More Posts by RampBuilder81
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2014, 08:58 AM
Cow R/C
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Nov 2007
1,126 Posts
Welcome to RCG! MIP make CVDs for your Maxx truck

http://www.rcboca.com/mip-shiny-cvd-...FUcV7Aod81QATQ

As for cleaning this stuff works pretty good at getting some of the oily grime off

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWGA5&P=M

But a toothbrush and elbow grease get the job done right also.
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Mar 15, 2014, 08:19 AM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
Awesome thanks! Looks like the weather is taking a crap for the next week or so, I'll have some time to tinker with this truck a bit more. I'll post some pics when I get'r fixed up and some shiny new go fast parts put on.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:37 AM
Cow R/C
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Nov 2007
1,126 Posts
Look forward to the pics. I'm glad spring is almost here. I'm ready to get out and run some RCs in the sunshine.
fastmax is offline Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Apr 15, 2014, 09:27 PM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
Been away from this forum for a while, just thought I'd stop by with some pics of the upgrades I've done so far. RPM Front bulkheads and A-arms, FOC, got some steel CVD's from the LHS not sure what brand, buddy just gave me a buch of packs of parts and said this will work bent a shock shaft too, so I got a new shock (a pair, got a spare now) and filled the rest with 40wt oil, also got some stiffer springs (that I powdercoated white) since it seemed the stockers were sacked out and had trouble keeping the truck up.

no body pics since it's toast from hitting things and landing upside down many times
Old Apr 16, 2014, 01:01 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,095 Posts
Looks pretty nice. Any reason the suspension arms are different color front and rear?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2014, 05:56 AM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
Thanks, rear arms are still stock, when they break I'll upgrade with the white/dye-able arms. Then the hard part, what colour do I dye them...
Oh yeah, put a new upgraded spur gear/slipper clutch in yesterday too.