HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2013, 12:55 PM
The Netherlands, GE, Wageningen
Joined Nov 2012
43 Posts
Discussion
Fatshark 1.3Ghz goggles

Does anyone know of (Fatshark) 1.3Ghz fpv goggles? I have been looking for ages but can't seem to find one. Or otherwise a custom module that makes the 5.8Ghz receiver in the goggles 1.3Ghz?
olivierhacking is offline Find More Posts by olivierhacking
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2013, 01:45 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivierhacking View Post
Does anyone know of (Fatshark) 1.3Ghz fpv goggles? I have been looking for ages but can't seem to find one. Or otherwise a custom module that makes the 5.8Ghz receiver in the goggles 1.3Ghz?
Does not exist for Fat Shark.
Wrice4 is offline Find More Posts by Wrice4
Old May 14, 2013, 01:59 PM
Flying FPV or Dreaming I Am...
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2001
6,072 Posts
They have it advertised or shown on their website for a future release date. Over on FPV lab there are a few threads interacting with some of the employees from FS and they indicate that we should not get our hopes up. There are several issues with developing and producing a 1.3ghz module to fit inside the slot where the other ones do on the Dominiators or Attitudes. If one is released I speculate it will come with a custom module cover with some or most of the module sitting on the outside of the goggle.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old May 14, 2013, 02:05 PM
The Netherlands, GE, Wageningen
Joined Nov 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
They have it advertised or shown on their website for a future release date. Over on FPV lab there are a few threads interacting with some of the employees from FS and they indicate that we should not get our hopes up. There are several issues with developing and producing a 1.3ghz module to fit inside the slot where the other ones do on the Dominiators or Attitudes. If one is released I speculate it will come with a custom module cover with some or most of the module sitting on the outside of the goggle.
Ah, thats a pity
Thanks for the information though!
olivierhacking is offline Find More Posts by olivierhacking
Old Apr 12, 2014, 12:27 AM
United States, MI, Dansville
Joined Oct 2012
398 Posts
http://laserbgc.com/index.php?route=...&product_id=75

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2112329
dybbob is offline Find More Posts by dybbob
Old Apr 12, 2014, 05:01 AM
quadiger
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jun 2013
535 Posts
Check fatsharks facebook page.

If you want something now, the laserbgc is working great for most of us.
bimdas is online now Find More Posts by bimdas
Old Apr 14, 2014, 04:35 PM
United States, MI, Dansville
Joined Oct 2012
398 Posts
FN figures they would start to test a 1.3 system when I just finish acquiring all I need to turn my attitudes into a 1.3 system.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimdas View Post
Check fatsharks facebook page.

If you want something now, the laserbgc is working great for most of us.
dybbob is offline Find More Posts by dybbob
Old Apr 14, 2014, 05:51 PM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbob View Post
FN figures they would start to test a 1.3 system when I just finish acquiring all I need to turn my attitudes into a 1.3 system.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Why didn't you just make a 5.8 repeater?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 06:35 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,097 Posts
That Fatshark 1.3 module is probably photo shop image....
I read that it may take another 10 months+ for them to get
1.3 Fatshark brand Dominator Module
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:42 AM
quadiger
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jun 2013
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
Why didn't you just make a 5.8 repeater?
you still need to lug around a receiver/antenna/battery/tripod ground station.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:44 AM
quadiger
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jun 2013
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
That Fatshark 1.3 module is probably photo shop image....
I read that it may take another 10 months+ for them to get
1.3 Fatshark brand Dominator Module
why would they mention this if they didn't have test samples already? They don't make modules under the Fatshark name btw.
"1st articles of the NexwaveRF 1G3 modules are in with sensitivity on par with external Lawmate RXs. Will be extensively flight tested over next few weeks to ensure its worthy of the NexwaveRF name!"
Old Apr 15, 2014, 09:09 AM
Blacked out 350z - Texas
Joined Nov 2012
1,837 Posts
Quote:
you still need to lug around a receiver/antenna/battery/tripod ground station.
Understandable, but I would imagine, the 1.3 system would work far better, being on top of a tripod, than on goggles.....meaning its higher off the ground. Plus, thats gonna be some big heavy antenna(s) that you put on top of your head.

It takes me 10 seconds to take my 6ft tripod down to a foot. Very easily portable, but I completely understand you point.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 09:34 AM
quadiger
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jun 2013
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
Understandable, but I would imagine, the 1.3 system would work far better, being on top of a tripod, than on goggles.....meaning its higher off the ground. Plus, thats gonna be some big heavy antenna(s) that you put on top of your head.

It takes me 10 seconds to take my 6ft tripod down to a foot. Very easily portable, but I completely understand you point.
I mount mine with a circular wireless 1.2 wheel and it weighs about 10grams. about the same as a fatshark spironet so I hardly notice it.
I use to use a tripod ground station and it's just a pain to lug around. Can't even notice any difference to my lawmate receiver but I didn't use it for range, I use it for penetration with my quads. Its such a liberating feeling to leave the tripod setup at home.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 03:30 PM
United Kingdom, England, Darwen
Joined Aug 2007
381 Posts
Quote:
I mount mine with a circular wireless 1.2 wheel and it weighs about 10grams. about the same as a fatshark spironet so I hardly notice it.
I use to use a tripod ground station and it's just a pain to lug around. Can't even notice any difference to my lawmate receiver but I didn't use it for range, I use it for penetration with my quads. Its such a liberating feeling to leave the tripod setup at home.

Here here have my LW vrx mounted to fs goggs with 1.2 skew on my head well side I even tried 1.2 half sphere helix I just received recently and weight isn't a issue great portability no wires feathering me etc great for going on walks and finding nice areas to quad ..
mark the shark is offline Find More Posts by mark the shark