HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2001, 12:31 AM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,099 Posts
Su-27 Cockpit details

Hi all,
Just a quick post then it's back to work! Here's my cockpit before the canopy gets glued on. Dan's looks just as nice! See what you'll be missing tomorrow?

Daren
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2001, 02:30 AM
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Oct 2001
2,281 Posts
please post a few pics or even videos after the meet...please!
gbruce is offline Find More Posts by gbruce
Old Nov 11, 2001, 02:41 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,271 Posts
Very nice Daren.
Too bad about the rain guys.
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Nov 11, 2001, 05:24 PM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
Too bad.....

Nice jet jock!

Good luck on the maiden - whenever the sky dries up
-Haldor
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Nov 11, 2001, 07:07 PM
p471701
n/a Posts
they look even better in person, awsome job guys.when they sat them on the table there was a mad scramble from the gallery to get a good look...............gregg
Old Nov 11, 2001, 07:24 PM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steve neill
Went there for awhile, never took the jets out of the car. Didn't see Dan or Daren, not much point when it's raining.
You should have hung out for a little while. We got a late start and showed up at around 11am and the ground was drying. I'm sorry I missed you. I was looking forward to seeing the Neill air force in action. Everyone got to fly. We even got a couple of flights on the B-57.

There were some pretty cool models there. Here's a pic of the Flankers and gregg's MiG.

Dan
DanSavage is offline Find More Posts by DanSavage
Old Nov 11, 2001, 08:21 PM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by p471701
they look even better in person, awsome job guys.when they sat them on the table there was a mad scramble from the gallery to get a good look.
Thanks. People were enjoying your bright red MiG, too. A lot of people were asking me questions about it. All I could do was point to you and say, "ask him."

There were some pretty cool models there. I wish I'd have taken more pics.

Dan
Old Nov 11, 2001, 08:30 PM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steve neill
Sorry I missed you guys. It was a depressing day after working hard on planes I couldn't even take out of the car.
It was so moist there, silkspan and tissue start to reanimate in these conditions.
Guess I'll have to scratch up something in glass for these occasions. I had brought the Vampire, Pampa, Bullet, HE
P.1079 and the twin HE P. 1080. It figures I get there early for a change and I've left too soon, oh well.
We'll catch up with each other again. These are all pretty cool models.

Dan
Old Nov 12, 2001, 10:40 AM
Dude, where's My Plane?
Green Lane PA USA
Joined Mar 2001
2,167 Posts
Flanked by Flankers!

Nice Flankers guys, very nice! I cant wait to build one of these, so I may try the offshore SU 37 first . Do you guys have the fans mounted yet? How is the weight thing going? Still gonna try the 480 bbs in them?
JasonJ is offline Find More Posts by JasonJ
Old Nov 12, 2001, 01:12 PM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,099 Posts
The Flankers are done; everything is installed and working. They'll get weighed officially this week, then it's photos and intial taxi tests on Saturday.

Daren
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren
Old Nov 12, 2001, 10:38 PM
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Oct 2001
2,281 Posts

Good luck with your Test flights and soon after...KITS!! ...Please!

Bruce
gbruce is offline Find More Posts by gbruce
Old Nov 12, 2001, 11:03 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
6,805 Posts
I am somebody that TOTALLY appreciates scale details, and I have got to say W O W !!!!

Another great effort - good job guys!

Ed
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2001, 12:15 AM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie P
Another great effort - good job guys!
Thanks!

Dan
Old Nov 13, 2001, 12:17 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Feb 2001
283 Posts
Guys-

Absolutely gorgeous! Something that pretty has got to haul butt! My vote is dump the Speed 480s now and get the baddest brushless you can cram in there. After you weigh it shoot for at least 100 watts-in/lb, then burn holes in the sky!

V/R

Steve Manganelli AKA Prof. Maneuver

P.S. You're not planning on test flying at the AZ jet rally, are you? That's where Team Diego is going this weekend.
Prof. Maneuver is offline Find More Posts by Prof. Maneuver
Old Nov 13, 2001, 12:38 AM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Prof. Maneuver
Absolutely gorgeous! Something that pretty has got to haul butt! My vote is dump the Speed 480s now and get the baddest brushless you can cram in there. After you weigh it shoot for at least 100 watts-in/lb, then burn holes in the sky!

V/R

Steve Manganelli AKA Prof. Maneuver

P.S. You're not planning on test flying at the AZ jet rally, are you? That's where Team Diego is going this weekend.
Thanks!

We've got some testing to do which will include thrust and tailpipe velocity measurements and have already resigned ourselves to the possibility that the 480's won't fly these models around the sky as they should be flown. I'm not looking for a lot of speed, only to have them fly with authority. These models call out for airshow-style aerobatics.

To answer your question, no, we won't be at Mesa this weekend. (Wish I were) We'll be taxi-testing at our local field. Be sure to post a report after you get back.

Dan