HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Alert
Quadcopter drone group held in London airport on suspicion of terrorism

Be carefully guys rolling through London airports with copters battery and what knot.
Security is tighter than buckingham palace, maybe because of the Olympic and all.

Returning from Ireland we got pulled over by the UK BF for 2 hours. We had a couple Mk, and wkm quads, radios with ton of lipos.
All went well after we explained what they where, we had to show them videos, websites items was purchased from, what we where doing with them in Dublin, a nightmare.
Airport security is clueless they know nothing about these drones, so if you are flying make sure you have some info and stuff to show them if you get pulled.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/innov...ne-group-held/
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Feb 2012
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Be carefully guys rolling through London airports with copters battery and what knot.
Security is tighter than buckingham palace, maybe because of the Olympic and all.

Returning from Ireland we got pulled over by the UK BF for 2 hours. We had a couple Mk, and wkm quads, radios with ton of lipos.
All went well after we explained what they where, we had to show them videos, websites items was purchased from, what we where doing with them in Dublin, a nightmare.
Airport security is clueless they know nothing about these drones, so if you are flying make sure you have some info and stuff to show them if you get pulled.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/innov...ne-group-held/
Good to see they are doing what they are paid to do. What a concept huh..
360walt is offline Find More Posts by 360walt
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:45 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Yep they are on top of things. we have to protect the borders.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
510 Posts
All i get from TSA here in the states is broken,smashed and luggage turned upside down.While others are boarding with bombs in there shoes. LOL
360walt is offline Find More Posts by 360walt
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Nov 2008
98 Posts
I've had my quad scrutinised by London Lutons finest when flying out too. Wouldn't dream of checking it in though. Took a Heli in a flight case once and the case came out like it had fallen from the sky! Taking them with me in hand luggage only now.
giek2000 is offline Find More Posts by giek2000
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,519 Posts
I knew this day was coming and it is going to get worse.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
I knew this day was coming and it is going to get worse.
yes it will, "we know your up to no good...PROVE us wrong" whats truly sad is that so many will "feel" safer
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,519 Posts
Guilty until proven innocent.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:47 PM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,846 Posts
We do it wrong in the West by policing things instead of people. As I understand it, the Israelis do it the other way around - you get progressivley screened and sorted the closer you get to the airport. Bad guys don't even get into the aiport there.
martinic is offline Find More Posts by martinic