HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2012, 11:27 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
India, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Whoops!
Burnt a LiPo the WORST WAY!

I don't think anyone has ever burnt down a LiPo in as odd a way as I did, just a few hours back!

I built a quad a few weeks back, and I was making minor modifications to the frame. That included drilling holes at a few places, with the 3S LiPo strapped!

I was drilling the last hole and and the drill bit directly hit the LiPo. A 3mm deep hole! Before I could realise what happen, a short flame.
I left the room and it didn't take more than 10 seconds for the whole room to get filled with THICK black smoke, a disgusting smell! A few seconds more and the whole house. Everyone at my home was scared. The neighbours already began calling us. (Thank god, no one called fire dept. before calling us!) I quickly switched on all the exhaust fans and thank god!
The LiPo looked like an electrocuted crow.....! No pictures could be taken because everyone at my home was so angry at me, if I click pictures before them, they wouldn't care to kick me off the home!
Posted this so that you don't drill with a LiPo on...
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
39 Posts
I'm not going to lie... I'd REALLY like to see pics! LOL!
Sorry about your misfortune, but I'm glad everyone is okay.
a2j812 is offline Find More Posts by a2j812