New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2015, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by rcpilotroper
Joined Sep 2015
1 Posts
Help!
mini mag

Hi
I recently bought a mini mag but decided to change the stock motor for a A2208/12T 1800kv one, I was given a 7x3.5 prop with the motor and I have a 20 amp esc and a 30amp esc the battery I have for this plane is a 2s 30c 1300mAh. Problems I am having and don't know what is wrong :-
on the 20 amp esc the motor crackles and jerks, it sometimes spins up but after a short period reverts back to above but emits a sound like it was breaking teeth in a gearbox (which it does not have)
on the 30 amp esc it spins up but after a short period comes to a halt as though the battery was flat but it is not, if the throttle is closed it will spin up again and do the self same thing.
I tried putting a 3s lipo on it and it seems to be ok whats wrong?
rcpilotroper is offline Find More Posts by rcpilotroper
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2015, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by JureZ
Sokol
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Jul 2013
533 Posts
Try changing the esc timing
JureZ is online now Find More Posts by JureZ
Old Sep 01, 2015, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by slipstick
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
11,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilotroper View Post
I tried putting a 3s lipo on it and it seems to be ok whats wrong?
It sounds like your 30A ESC is set up for a 3S battery so when you run it on 2S it thinks you've hit LVC as soon as it gets going.

The 20A probably has a bad connection on one wire between motor and ESC...possibly a badly soldered connector.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick