cloled 0 0%
closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:30 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,534 Posts
And we gotta do it quick..time aint a friend here..
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:36 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,216 Posts
Great pix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee CE View Post
Some mountain sailing today, got some pics when the wind was down. We had 4 Nirvana and 1 Seawind.

+1!

Thanx for sharing!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:49 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Gents, as we got the can open, this has been a ongoing concern, to be able to bring all Nirvana sailors together..

What we have arrived at is even tho Nirvana is a manufacturers class, and always was, the problems started when there was a rift at the AMYA, and the group split.

In a manufacturers class, they appoint the class sec'ty, which is myself.

As I have no interest in the politics, I will remain as sec'ty for North America, but, the issue is a AMYA sec'ty..

I want to endorse Crash, as there can be no finer man for the job.

Not biased in any way, toward anything but furthering the Nirvana sailing experience..

A long time AMYA member, I hope you all will vote for him in this critical matter, if you are not a AMYA member, please do be one..

His kindness, willingness to help anyone, from starting this thread, to hosting the first ever Nationals, and all the other things that are too many to list, deserve your support..for Nirvana.

This will solidify the class on a progressive basis, without biased ruling.

Thanks guys..
(I'm just gonna say this)

WOW! You're an eloquent fella!

Good on ya!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:51 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,459 Posts
Let the politicking begin...

...and let me say that I hope this will lead to putting this group/class back together.

I was on the phone with Chidago (John) and the Nirvana Distributor (Steve Lang) today and was talked into running for the position of AMYA Nirvana Class Secretary.

I am willing to do this, not because I really want to, but because I want to help us as a group. I want the AMYA and Manufacturer on the same page. I want to see articals about our great little boat in the magazine, as it should be, yet has not. I want us to have fun at the regattas and not be fighting about stuff.That is why we do this...for the fun. The competition is great, but we still have to keep it fun.

So yes I will run for the good of the Class, have been officially nominated and the AMYA has accepted the nomination. Rodney Leathers is no longer a given...he now has to get votes...just like I do. I ask that you register if you haven't already and vote when the ballot comes out...
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:53 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,459 Posts
oh yea...

...great pics...and it must be nice to go sailing on a Tuesday...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:02 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,534 Posts
LOL..most guys here would disagree with you Ricky..and so would I, but, sometimes even I gotta be grown up..

lets get signed up and DO THIS..time to shine..good men here, most are vets, and a great group, lets be heard, now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:09 PM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash View Post
...great pics...and it must be nice to go sailing on a Tuesday...
It is nice to go sailing any day of the week, but especially nice when all you youngsters are at work.
seabee CE is offline Find More Posts by seabee CE
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:52 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,562 Posts
Yeah Crash! Couldn't be a better man for the job! You are Mr. Nirvana!
Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:40 AM
Kimo
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jun 2011
531 Posts
If I owned a Nirvana Crash would get my vote. Growing up just outside Chicago maybe I could do a little Chicago type of voting to get Crash in.
Hircsailor is offline Find More Posts by Hircsailor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:34 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,459 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys...

...and if elected I will do my level best to do it the right way.

[QUOTE=seabee CE;24117544]
Does anyone know for a fact if you have to have a Nirvana registered with AMYA or just be an AMYA member to vote for a class secretary?[/QUOTE]

It seems to me I get a ballot every year that covers all bases...but let's cut through the fog and ask AMYA...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:31 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
507 Posts
I asked the AMYA president about voter eligibility:

On Feb 13, 2013,
One last question and I promise to leave you alone. I have a Nirvana and a Seawind, but only have the Seawind registered with AMYA, am I able to vote for the Nirvana secretary, or do I need to register my Nirvana to do so?

You do need to register your Nirvana to have your vote concerning the Nirvana count. Feel free to ask any question. It's no problem at all.

DB
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:39 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,562 Posts
Seebee
Has the issue of non-members participating in the scheduled nation event been addressed by the AMYA? Those boats would be class legal but might not be skippered by an AMYA active member. As I mentioned in my previous post, this could be a good opportunity to have the AMYA get new members. Lord knows they need the revenue!

Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:08 PM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Seebee
Has the issue of non-members participating in the scheduled nation event been addressed by the AMYA? Those boats would be class legal but might not be skippered by an AMYA active member. As I mentioned in my previous post, this could be a good opportunity to have the AMYA get new members. Lord knows they need the revenue!

Boomer
Every Nirvana that is manufactureres class legal and any skipper that is breathing is eligible to participate in the June Regatta. We welcome any and all to come play in the mountains. AMYA is on board and has listed this as a Green Regatta, we support AMYA membership but it is not a requirement. Anyone wanting area information or a registration form can contact me or visit:
http://blackmountainyachtclub.wordpress.com/
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:46 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
7,534 Posts
To address that further, PLEASE dont assume we are going to carry the vote, or, that YOUR vote does'nt matter much..it sure does..yours could be the difference between the win, or the loss...look around, we are living it now..

We would like to see a BIG resounding victory, to make everyone understand that this is about the masses, the little guy..not be run by ANY dictator.

We need to unify the class. period.

Time is important, PLEASE do your part..be counted. I have given 3 years of my life to try and stick up for the regular guys in this class, as the followers of this thread remember, was a brawl for a long time..glad to do it, but, I cant do anything here but cast 1 vote..you need to also.

And for those who cant see anybody but Crash for this, go buy glasses..

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:13 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,459 Posts
And I asked the same question and others....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee CE View Post
I asked the AMYA president about voter eligibility:

On Feb 13, 2013,
One last question and I promise to leave you alone. I have a Nirvana and a Seawind, but only have the Seawind registered with AMYA, am I able to vote for the Nirvana secretary, or do I need to register my Nirvana to do so?

You do need to register your Nirvana to have your vote concerning the Nirvana count. Feel free to ask any question. It's no problem at all.

DB
Here is the question/response I asked/got:

Does a AMYA member have to have a registered Nirvana yacht to vote for Nirvana Secretary or just be a registered AMYA member?

Members must be owners of registered boats per AMYA bylaw 7.9:

7.9 Only those active AMYA members who are owners of yachts registered in the class may:

If the class is administered by a Class Secretary:
Submit motions regarding class specifications.
Submit nominations for Secretary of that class.
Vote on these or other matters affecting the class.

So....If you haven't already done it, you will need to become a AMYA Member and register your boat to vote in the Nirvana Class election. It's a one time $7.00 fee for the boat. If you're like me and did that a long time ago, as a Open Class boat, before we had a Nirvana Class, and maintained your AMYA Membership, you don't need to do it again, but may need to remind AMYA that you were registered as an Open Class Boat and get it moved to Nirvana Class like I did today for two of ours.

Nirvana sailors who are not AMYA members may find a PDF application to mail or a link to an online membership page at www.theamya.org/join.php

Members may register their boats by sending the $7 registration fee to the AMYA Class Secretary. His email address is nirvana@theamya.org

The nominations close on March 3rd. The actual ballots will come with the AUG/SEPT issue of AMYA Magazine this summer. But don't wait...do this now and start getting the magazine.

This is our chance to put this group back together, hopefully Mr. Leathers will join in too...