HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2014, 07:26 PM
Joined Aug 2014
115 Posts
Cool
Radian with Ailerons and Flaps

So this is something I wanted to try and I wasn't sure if it wood work or not. So I figured what the heck I will give it a shot and see how it goes. and it actualy worked the wing tips did not flutter wildly like I thought. and the Airplane did not fly uncontrollably. However I must have had an unseen issue with the last Wing I had flaps on because this one did not seem wobbly with the flaps full down at slow speed. If I could do it over again I would have rather straightened the wingtip by cutting a slot down the center of the wing and glued in a piece of Plywood while bracing the wing flat and just cutting plain Ailerons into the trailing edge.
for those of you who will ask why not just get a radian pro ? . I am unemployed and cant afford another plane and i had fun doing this mod. and i like the radian. plus with the full flying elevator I can switch between the regular woing and the full wing any time I want. and don't even have to balance the airplane.
The best part is it actually worked . Its like flying a stunt plane now although the roles aren't that tight perhaps the pivot point should be further towards the leading edge of the wing

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_l...eature%3Dshare
flying ferret is offline Find More Posts by flying ferret
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2014, 07:28 PM
Joined Aug 2014
115 Posts
I had to make a custom control horn I wanted no play whatsoever and figured this Woodbee strongest lol I said wood bee
flying ferret is offline Find More Posts by flying ferret