SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:15 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airworks View Post
anyone wanta buy one of these units for a nice price???minus the puck for 150? darn i need a gimbal for my quad
I'll buy a Align DS655 tail servo if you've got one.
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:18 PM
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Kyle, I set my gyro under the gyro setting in the transmitter and do not use a switch. It's a setting that will probably never need adjusting so why use a switch. Once I'm close I adjust in that gyro setting while its in the air.

For throttle I've setup governor on the ESC and have the throttle channel go directly to the ESC. I flip throttle hold and off we go. Altitude is handled by the naza and the head speed remains constant.
Mapoff is offline Find More Posts by Mapoff
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:12 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,993 Posts
I sent DJI an email asking for help with my Naza-H issues and this is what i got back:

We apologize but as of now DJI is not offering support on the Helicopter Naza.

Rob E.
DJI Technology,
Systems Administrator.

THANKS DJI for all the wonderful product support!!!!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:08 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,799 Posts
Gromit,

I think this email is being misinterpreted. I believe that what Rob was trying to state is that DJI LA currently does not offer support for the Helicopter line of products. This is a new center with a new staff and they have their hands full with the Multi Rotor products and doing repairs and replacements. DJI has not stopped supporting the Naza H or the WKH. I agree that the promised updates have been slow in coming. The heli users concerns have been raised to DJI corp for their review.

Ed
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:11 AM
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
I feel your pain. You should take the four hour drive to Christiansburg and let me see what the deal is to get a resolve. I know the Naza pretty well. Find a club closer to home might help too. I'm very confident we could find what the deal is. Text is hard. It looked like everything was correct but there is something reversed etc it sounds like.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:08 AM
Joined Feb 2002
1,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapoff View Post
I feel your pain. You should take the four hour drive to Christiansburg and let me see what the deal is to get a resolve. I know the Naza pretty well. Find a club closer to home might help too. I'm very confident we could find what the deal is. Text is hard. It looked like everything was correct but there is something reversed etc it sounds like.
I actually did figure it out, i had my gyro % set to 0. Once is set it to higher than 0 (25%) it worked fine. I also upgraded to a Align DS655 tail servo. Flies nice now. I do mostly like DJI's products, i have a fair amount of their Multi-rotor stuff (Naza-M, WK-M, Z15, etc). I do not like their customer support, i've had major issues with my old S800 and NEVER got any type of help from them what so ever and not from a lack of trying on my part. Anyways, problem with Naza-H is solved so i'm satisified.
Thanks for taking the time to help me troubleshoot and offering your personal support.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:20 AM
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Awesome. So far multirotors annoy me. I've only used a KK controller but it seems that with multirotors if one thing goes wrong the whole thing comes crashing to the ground. We have a guy here with an s800 and has worked well so far. I know my heli side by side was barely moving in the wind and the s800 looked like it was fighting for its life.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 05:30 AM
Italia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Trento
Joined Apr 2011
10 Posts
Hi Tahoe ed i are Mauro

just purchased a new Naza-H and I installed it on my helicopter, I installed software and drivers then I did the programming and everything worked correctly, then can I have disconnected the PC and turned off the naza-h without flying.

The day after I restarted the naza but it does not work, the servos move very little, and in a completely confused on the screen of the Assistant every movement of the stick tx do not move the sliders or move little and in a totally wrong, continuing in the programming nothing works!

I tried to uninstall and reinstall everything again but the problem remains!

Help me
thanks
mauro 71 is offline Find More Posts by mauro 71
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:14 PM
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Sounds like your transmitter is in attitude mode, or gps mode. Maybe.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 05:48 AM
Italia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Trento
Joined Apr 2011
10 Posts
Thanks for the advice, the problem is solved!

Happy Flights

Mauro
mauro 71 is offline Find More Posts by mauro 71
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:40 AM
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Don't rush during the excitement. Also don't switch to atti mode while giving input. If you are giving elevator for forward and switch, it will treat that as center. I kept wondering why I had to adjust the trim after switching. I just let go and switch and it does well.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 03:41 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
NAZA H Tail issue

I appreciate ALL the info in this forum and now must ask for help also. I FINALLY got through the whole ASSISTANT with ALL the expected reactions until I got to FEEDBACK. In FEEDBACK everything worked correctly except TAIL. When I hit the TAIL box (in ATTI or GPS) the only thing that happened was a slight "tick" of the tail. ALSO when I hit HOLD my motor races! help
Bryalls is offline Find More Posts by Bryalls
Old Mar 28, 2014, 03:42 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
OH, I am using a DX9 and my 450 heli has all digital Align servos with a turnigy 55 amp esc and turnigy motor.
Bryalls is offline Find More Posts by Bryalls
Old Mar 28, 2014, 09:04 PM
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Make sure the servo frequency is selected properly. Make sure you have set the limits correctly. Make sure your gyro is in HH at around 21-25% as shown in the Naza software as a start.

I couldn't figure out throttle so I used the ESC governor for a fixed rpm, and took the throttle channel directly into the ESC.
Old Apr 01, 2014, 02:41 PM
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Has anyone experienced their heli shaking it like a salt shaker while in atti mode? I've always had a fluctuation in elevation ever so slightly. I raised the vertical gains from 100 to 120%. That is the biggest thing I know. It was weird because I've also had an extremely slow oscillation in gps mode also. It will drift far right, then drift far left etc.