HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2011, 07:59 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
Discussion
509n

Any tips for this bike, thing that need urgent upgrading, items that fail, set up tips?
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:43 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
x260 steering damper. Must if your bike don't have it..... Tires PMT 100 or 200 depend on where you run it.....
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Jul 13, 2011, 09:25 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
thanks but i really need to know what spare to stock up on for the worlds, i guess Greger will be there so i should be able to get sorted and the NF guys are great and have help out with spares in the past.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:56 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
663 Posts
I ran the 509 pro electric last year, and did not need any spares..

In the last season, I needed a few of the Wheel rollers, and some body posts..
Beside that, nothing (and I had a massive crash..)

One driver here broke a fork leg at a full speed crash in Sollenau (Part X543).
So maybe it's a good idea to take two of them with you, but I guess Gregor will be there too..
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jul 13, 2011, 05:48 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
That good to know,

i got the bike yestaday and i have to say it a dream to work on compared to other bikes i owned, i like the moulded chassie spacers no more trying to line up 4 chassie plate's and 3 spacers, the moulded nut holders on one side make life alot easyer, Started up first time as well, little rich at the bottom it seems but i leave that for afew tanks

only issue i had was with servo horn for the thottle. The collet was catching on the top and not letting it return the thottle enough, few seconds with a file sorted that out.

i had an eyelet missing out the kit which holds the brake cable and a grub screw for one of the crash bar's not big issue but someone who dont have the part's handy would not be happy. It also has a 010 on the front and a 020 on the rear which i need to change

Cant get on the track as soon as i like as my 3vc TX battery only holding 213 mah, It 5 years old and been sat for 18 months unused
Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:27 AM
Joined Apr 2007
480 Posts
Hi Rich,

great to hear you have got the bike.............i know i run a differant bike,but should you need anything at the worlds,let me know..i'll help you out were i can,,,,

Cheers simon (BOMBER!)
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:51 PM
SE England
Joined May 2005
164 Posts
Richard,

We will see you at Brooky next weekend, get that mtor run in!!!

Jim
loonracing is offline Find More Posts by loonracing
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:37 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
Got 3 tanks though it today, just bliping it in the back garden, idle need backing off by a turn a 1/4. changed the tyres today for 200's. The front wheel spacer conical and alot stronger should stop it folding in a crash, the rear spocket and hub is a single moulded piece so much easyer to line things up and fit.

Me and fred are going to cotswold on tuesday weather permitting and then hoping to get to brooklands all being well. Could do with the track time really that my only worry before the worlds. let hope piloting these is like riding bike you never forget.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:27 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
It is nice for you guys in the UK as there are lot of bikers there.... Over here very few guys run bikes.... Same as Gartenzwerg I don't think you really need any spare as the only thing I change on my 509pro since I brought it are tires.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Jul 15, 2011, 04:10 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
i normal build my own bikes and was looking forward to picking this thing apart, The only things i dont like is the flywheel really small so have to stop the motor by blocking the exhaust (could flood) or pinch the fuel line (have to prim it every time) and they still use 4mm nylon on the crash bars which wont hold the weight of the bike on wet setting. I not tryed on track yet but the front wheel seems on the verge of being to light and there no method of limiting the steering lock, All easy fix's

I can see why this bike has won pretty much everything since it been released
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:04 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
I have looked all over the European forums for information about the 509n but there is barely a mention about it, not even on motounacinque. (The Italian forum).
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:20 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
yeah it strange, the 509e and 509n has had more rostums at the worlds than other bikes but they dont seem to popular, could be the price or the surport they give, TT KP venom arx are all offering advice and help alot, maybe that there downfall.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 04:07 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
first try at the car park bike went well with two tanks, couldn't get the top end tuned kept cutting, but was only there to run it in really, got some base setting for the hand set, forgot to cut the body shell around the spur gear so it made a nice noise and i set the front brake to slack so was running on only the rear.

My space awarness was shocking, i never felt confident in the area, i used to be able to watch other bike go round at the same time as race myself, need more practice
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:25 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitham69 View Post
My space awarness was shocking, i never felt confident in the area, i used to be able to watch other bike go round at the same time as race myself, need more practice
Sorry to stray OT but is this The Bombers excuse for his forays on a strafing run?
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:20 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,212 Posts
that why we run numbers so he know what order to hit us in