HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:26 PM
Senior Moment Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Jul 2002
1,424 Posts
Anyone going to the Hobby Visions show?

Any Ezoners' going to the Hobby Visions hobby show in Las Vegas Oct. 10th - 12th? It's going to be a trade show with something like 600 exhibitors - though so far it looks like GWS isn't showing up. This is going to be a selling show, too, i.e., you can buy what you see. There's going to be flying, boat and car demos. For more info, go to www.hobbyvisions.com
And no, I'm not associated with the show, just wondering if anyones' going. If work doesn't get in the way, I think I might go have a look.
babblefish is online now Find More Posts by babblefish
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2003, 12:13 AM
Senior Moment Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Jul 2002
1,424 Posts
Guess no ones' going...except me...
Old Sep 29, 2003, 03:10 PM
Las Vegas,NV
Joined Sep 2003
51 Posts
I will be there.
MotoXPJ is offline Find More Posts by MotoXPJ
Old Oct 09, 2003, 04:34 PM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
Wow, just noticed in an ad that this is happening. We'll be there for a wedding - now I have something to look forward to !! Thanks for the link !

Larry
sheerLuck is offline Find More Posts by sheerLuck
Old Oct 10, 2003, 02:37 AM
Senior Moment Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Jul 2002
1,424 Posts
Bummer! Other things have come up so I won't be able to make it. Oh well, at least I won't be spending a lot of money that I don't have!
Old Oct 13, 2003, 01:12 PM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
This was the first modeling trade show I've been to. It had RC planes, cars & boats. Quite a few train exhibits and other non-RC stuff.

HiTec/Multiplex had a great exhibit. They showed a very large range of LiPoly packs, which I hadn't seen advertised. Du-Bro was represented. Ikarus appeared to have many of their helis there. Polk's had a booth - first time I've actually seen one of their transmitters.

A number of booths had balsa or large-scale planes, but my interests are towards foam ARF's. The one plane I saw that I have to have is a new little Cox-Estes rudder-only RC plane that should be an easy conversion. Looks something like a T-6, includes landing gear. Tried to buy this but they said it hasn't been released yet.

I'd have a better report, but took my wife & she was impatient to get on to more "important" things to do in Las Vegas.

Larry
sheerLuck is offline Find More Posts by sheerLuck
Old Oct 13, 2003, 08:59 PM
Camarillo, CA.
Joined Aug 2002
113 Posts
Hobby Vision SHow

Friday the flight demos were interesting. Number of spectators was a little disappointing. If you have not seen 3D flying or the true TOC competition you would have learned a lot. Otherwise ..............

Sat and Sun the trade show was open to the public and staggering in size. As reported by SheerLuck 600 booths were set up that took at least an hour or so to walk thru without stops. It was primarilly a show for the commercial people more than us flyers. Emphasis was not on RC. In fact, neither JR nor Futaba had booths. IMO the local trade shows held once a year at various cities are as good or better for the average RCer.

Nathan
aeronately is offline Find More Posts by aeronately
Old Oct 15, 2003, 03:16 AM
Senior Moment Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Jul 2002
1,424 Posts
Many thanks for the reports guys! It is very beneficial for those of us who couldn't make it to the show. Sounds like it wasn't worth going for us die-hard RC'ers. Maybe one day I'll make it to the Toledo show.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 12:21 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,601 Posts
My brother who lives in Las Vegas had a great time at the show and bought quite a bit of stuff. Although 1/2 of the show was related to cars; models, metal and R/C and about 20% was trains he enjoyed seeing that and all the helicopter and 3D demo flying that was done indoors at the show. Based on his phone calls from the convention center he had a great time and is totally hooked on helicopters.
Aeronately, what would you estimate as the attendance at the flying on Friday? My brother missed that but saw a clip on the news that showed an excellent 20 seconds of 3D flying. News reported the attendance Friday at 40,000 which sounded high.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member