SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:32 AM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonmac View Post
WOW brought 3 planes with me . 2 flights on my Dynam T 28, 1 flight on my SR Trainer , 3 flights on my FMS Red Dragonfly. Then I go back to the SR Trainer and I am flying it and all of a sudden I have no control and it just falls out of the sky and nose dives into the ground!!

Uggghhh the sickening sound of my favorite plane thudding into the earth from a couple of hundred feet
Going to take a shot in the dark here. Are you using a DX6i ?

Mfpage
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2014, 06:29 PM
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonmac View Post
WOW brought 3 planes with me . 2 flights on my Dynam T 28, 1 flight on my SR Trainer , 3 flights on my FMS Red Dragonfly. Then I go back to the SR Trainer and I am flying it and all of a sudden I have no control and it just falls out of the sky and nose dives into the ground!!

Uggghhh the sickening sound of my favorite plane thudding into the earth from a couple of hundred feet
After just a few flights mine did something similar and damaged both wings. Fixed the wings and all seemed well. Flew fine and did it again but fell into the bean field safely.

I determined it was the elevator servo. It would work fine on the ground but once in the air it would lock under load. I changed it to a metal gear servo and I also reinforced the pushrod as it could flex way to much and lock the movement.

Once repairs were complete the issue has not returned. I actually thought it was a brownout the way the plane seemed to act. It would just seem to stop flying and no control other than the motor. It was basically stalling with full up elevator when I would slow down into a turn.

Hope you get your issue sorted.

Brian
TechJunkieRC
TechJunkieRC is offline Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Beaver Skis
Old Dec 13, 2014, 03:41 PM
United States, NJ, Dunellen
Joined Aug 2014
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Sorry to hear

Kman
Thnx Kman.
shonmac is online now Find More Posts by shonmac
Old Dec 13, 2014, 03:42 PM
Joined Aug 2014
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpage View Post
Going to take a shot in the dark here. Are you using a DX6i ?

Mfpage
No , worse. The FS - T6
Old Dec 13, 2014, 03:52 PM
Joined Aug 2014
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
After just a few flights mine did something similar and damaged both wings. Fixed the wings and all seemed well. Flew fine and did it again but fell into the bean field safely.

I determined it was the elevator servo. It would work fine on the ground but once in the air it would lock under load. I changed it to a metal gear servo and I also reinforced the pushrod as it could flex way to much and lock the movement.

Once repairs were complete the issue has not returned. I actually thought it was a brownout the way the plane seemed to act. It would just seem to stop flying and no control other than the motor. It was basically stalling with full up elevator when I would slow down into a turn.

Hope you get your issue sorted.

Brian
TechJunkieRC

Yeah I am having some pull rod flexing. Especially with the nose gear. In my video posted in post # 1046 - I had to abort the initial take off because the nose gear was not turning the rod and was bending instead. I had to stop the take off and force the servo to turn properly by twisting the nose gear.

I just bought a new fuselage and cowl . I should use some metalgears with the new fuselage.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:43 AM
Joined Aug 2014
201 Posts
Dynam repaired!

Even though I have a new Fuselage and Cowl for my SR , I decided to glue it back together . Looking a little rough but it flies. Had 3 flights so far and going to fly it some more this afternoon.