HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:41 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,598 Posts
Not that kind of company and if you are our target group then there is nothing you can do to avoid it. LOL
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
edited.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Last edited by crvnation; Oct 08, 2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Intended recipient already saw it anyway
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:51 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,598 Posts
You call it sloppy because you don't know nothing about it and that's doesn't bother me.
Same goes for your spektrum comments about the voltage, it's all because you know nothing about the product and what is involve in making these products.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
You call it sloppy because you don't know nothing about it and that's doesn't bother me.
Same goes for your spektrum comments about the voltage, it's all because you know nothing about the product and what is involve in making these products.
You'd be surprised...and quit being so touchy, touchy. It's a "tell".
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:02 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,598 Posts
Why would I be touchy? I have a perfectly good working product that an online forum member is posting about issues with his radio but yet doesn't want to do anything about it. Doesn't want to ship it out and be without his radio for 2 weeks.

Just has you like to post comments about it not being as accurate as your junk RTF tx and Cheapo TX, I wanted to share with you that mine were very accurate.

It's not like I'm the one whos been banned before and keeps coming back with new account/name.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Me, neither. Now, on to the next, more productive related issue, please.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:07 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Why would I be touchy? I have a perfectly good working product that an online forum member is posting about issues with his radio but yet doesn't want to do anything about it. Doesn't want to ship it out and be without his radio for 2 weeks.

Just has you like to post comments about it not being as accurate as your junk RTF tx and Cheapo TX, I wanted to share with you that mine were very accurate.

It's not like I'm the one whos been banned before and keeps coming back with new account/name.
+ 1
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:10 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Me, neither. Now, on to the next, more productive related issue, please.
Do you have an issue with the radio and or programming?
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Do you have an issue with the radio and or programming?
Not any new ones but, rest assured, I'll be asking about them when/if I do. Doesn't mean I won't stop reading the thread, though.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:18 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,598 Posts
If you're looking for good read you can also check this thread out.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1681851

Having an iDevice and the STi App installed, telemetry logging and the GPS sensor information is pretty cool.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
If you're looking for good read you can also check this thread out.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1681851

Having an iDevice and the STi App installed, telemetry logging and the GPS sensor information is pretty cool.
Neat. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out again for new stuff.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:40 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris True View Post
Picked up a DX-8 over the weekend, hopefully I haven't made a mistake

Is there any way to enable seperate flight mode trims (rudder / aileron / elevator) activated by the flap switch rather than the flight mode switch? On first and second glances this does not seem to be possible, I know I can move the flap switch functions to the F mode switch and get the seperate trims but I'd rather keep the switchology the same way I have on all my other radio's which is flap on the second in switch above the throttle stick with seperate trims for each flap position. I fly complex flap equiped planes pretty much exclusively...
What mid range radios are you using that allows you to do this?
It kind of sounds like you are needing a DX18 if you want this much flexibility.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:31 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,691 Posts
As for the diy capacity sensor, mine is maximum around 100mAh off when pulling 4000mAh out of my 12S pack in my T-Rex 700. These 100mAh are more than okay, especially if you compare it with charged capacity.
I fly with timer, and when the countdown goes off, I check the capacity. If there is some juice remaining, I fly some rounds.
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:44 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
What mid range radios are you using that allows you to do this?
It kind of sounds like you are needing a DX18 if you want this much flexibility.
Old e JR 9303 with the 2.4 module, a 9 channel hitec and an 8fg channel futaba
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:02 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
"Favorite Models" for quick selection

Hello Andy,

I have used all 30 model memories on my DX8 and I have a request for a feature!

Would you consider adding a Favorites designation to the models? Out of my 30 models I'll take 4-5 of them to the field on any particular day. I'd like to mark those models as my favorites and have an additional transmitter option to "Select Favorite" in addition to "Select Model". If I choose "Select Favorite" then only the favorites are shown in the list. The advantage is that I could choose from the favorites list during my flying session and not have to scroll among all 30 models as I switch back and forth throughout the day. When I'm flying my helicopters back to back I could put two of them in the favorites list and quickly change between them to fly one while the motor cooled on the other.

It's not practical to move models between memory locations to achieve the same purpose since they would need to be rebound.

An alternative idea would be to add a "Selection Order" field to each model memory so I can assign a display priority to all models. Then when the "Model Select" choice is used the models are sorted prior to display so that my most used models can be programmed to display first in the list. Prior to going to the field (or while I'm there) I can designate the 5 models I brought for the day as #1 through #5 (or 1 thru n with n being the number of models I brought) and when I "Model Select" I always have those 5 (or n) models grouped together.

Obviously the DX8 works fine the way it is, this would be a usability and convenience enhancement. It would be a benefit to the DX8 with 30 models and I'm sure the DX18 guys would like it even more with the 50 models they have to scroll through. What's next? 100 models on the next DXnn??

Maybe a "Select Fav Acro" and "Select Fav Heli" would be a possible extension of this idea since the model types are already designated?

What do you think??
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight