SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:58 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,489 Posts
Maybe it's just the perspective in the video but it seems much faster than I had imagined.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:58 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,761 Posts
yeah, it will tear around at a respectable speed if you give it full power. As it comes out of the box it's hard to keep the nose down when flying at WOT, but increasing downthrust helps.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Sep 02, 2013, 07:26 PM
Joined Apr 2001
372 Posts
I have a problem with my G2 Auto gyro. It does not seem to have a lot of power..When I run it up to full throttle it will run wide open and a secomd or two and then it will back off some. Has anyone experienced that. I am thinking of changing the speed control to see if that will help.. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Flyboy70 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy70
Old Sep 02, 2013, 07:48 PM
Plain Broke and Broke Planes!
Hoschton, GA
Joined Jul 2003
1,768 Posts
Mine has lots of power, I'm flying it about half throttle. I would suspect the esc if everything else seems good. You are turning off the rotor motor after it's up to speed?
pcphill is offline Find More Posts by pcphill
Old Sep 02, 2013, 08:01 PM
Hoschton, GA
Joined Jul 2003
1,768 Posts
I've now had two good flights with the Auto G with ROG takeoffs. Even with the grass it's no problem getting airborne. Orientation at any distance is a problem for me, there is very little indication of whether the rotors are level. I'm trying to see the landing gear and use the wheels to judge it. I'm bleeding off too much rotor speed in my landings and it's making some rapid unplanned attitude changes, but I'm getting better. Latest video here. This was taken with my Lumia 928. Check out the gnats swarming the camera. We abandoned the field right after this...

Auto G: first decent flight (2 min 1 sec)
Old Sep 02, 2013, 09:47 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,814 Posts
I've been thinking about adding a Guardian or something similar to my PT Gyro just for that orientation issue, Phil. I have the same issues when it gets too far away, and too far isnt very far
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2013, 09:53 PM
Hoschton, GA
Joined Jul 2003
1,768 Posts
Not a bad idea...
I probably won't because I'm stubborn though.
Old Sep 06, 2013, 01:54 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy70 View Post
I have a problem with my G2 Auto gyro. It does not seem to have a lot of power..
Sounds like a battery with 'saggy' voltage. Try another battery, preferably a decent quality new one.
Old Sep 06, 2013, 01:59 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue View Post
I've been thinking about adding a Guardian or something similar to my PT Gyro just for that orientation issue, Phil. I have the same issues when it gets too far away, and too far isnt very far
I'm not sure how well a stabilizer would work a gyrocopter. Controls can work in strange ways which might confuse a stabiliser. If you try one make sure you have it set so that you can disable it in flight if it all goes 'funny'.
Old Sep 06, 2013, 04:57 PM
Joined Apr 2001
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Sounds like a battery with 'saggy' voltage. Try another battery, preferably a decent quality new one.
I think you are right. I have a couple of other batterys

I can try. Thanks for the input
Flyboy70 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy70
Old Sep 07, 2013, 03:45 AM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I'm not sure how well a stabilizer would work a gyrocopter. Controls can work in strange ways which might confuse a stabiliser. If you try one make sure you have it set so that you can disable it in flight if it all goes 'funny'.
The PT is dc for pitch and roll, and standard rudder, so not much different from an airplane. A club member has one I may be able to borrow and test.
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2013, 07:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hemel Hempstead
Joined Feb 2010
62 Posts
There is a thread where a guardian has been tried on an Autogyro - worth a look,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1785632

Malcolm
Flying_Flair is offline Find More Posts by Flying_Flair