HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 08:30 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,173 Posts
Question
Beechcraft M 17 40" W/sound any experience with this?

Beechcraft staggerwing M 17 40" W/sound any experience with this?
It's Blitzrc from the fruit stand BH. Pete flew this into the ground at full speed - broke the prop and not much else.

I know from tracking the board that not everything is as it seems when one gets a new plane. You people know things to do to these planes that the mfd. never thought of.

The sound unit isn't very big 3" x 3" x 2.5' H is't from 'Mr. RC sound' and is a 'plug and play piece 6 oz. total. I figure that's all this little plane can carry. but it fits as a blob right under the CG. It will be set to play the sound of the 9 cylinder 'Wright Cyclone' the sound is tied to the throttle and begins with start up which is like "is it gonna start" then when after the smoke clears, will it run the it does. On shut down one here's the last dying compressing stroke and stop.

I don't expect it to be very loud (97db is advertised) but I think it should be in scale to the size of the model.

I've found my place in this sport/hobby it's scale flying.

I expect you can tell I'm all excited and I've really got nobody to talk to about all this and I don't know if I'm asking a real question or just hoping someone will respond

Thank you,
DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Hi DJ,
It is Andrew from MrRCSound. I will talk. Let me know how the sound unit works in the air. I was just out last night flying my Dynam T-28 with the sound unit in it. Put 3 packs through it. At some point I think I want to get that staggerwing too, so keep me informed of how it does. If you have any issues or questions about the sound unit, let me know and I will try to address them. Be sure to get a video!!! I would love to add it to my page.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor