SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 21, 2012, 05:16 AM
STATUS TUNING
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2010
293 Posts
Discussion
Feedback from those running MINTOR 33cc

Decided to try out something a bit different, ive had a few DA and DLE (ding dongs) and decided to push the button on a mintor 33cc... TBH dont know squat about them other than seeing sebart use alot of them (never had a bad sebart plane myself) but they sure are pretty :P

Any tips, feedback good or bad?
STATUS is offline Find More Posts by STATUS
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:52 PM
STATUS TUNING
Joined Dec 2010
293 Posts
it arrived :P
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:42 PM
Transplant in 1996
United States, NE, Scribner
Joined Aug 2011
195 Posts
That is a perty engine!
Transplant92 is offline Find More Posts by Transplant92
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:36 AM
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
Mintor 33 cc

SERIOUS model engine bling. I mean ... look at it!
fiery is online now Find More Posts by fiery
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:30 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,659 Posts
I posted the same question on this engine a few months ago with no takers. They look fabulous, much nicer than the Chinese offerings and for not a lot more money. From what I've heard so far they are more substance than bling.

A.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:36 PM
STATUS TUNING
Joined Dec 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
I posted the same question on this engine a few months ago with no takers. They look fabulous, much nicer than the Chinese offerings and for not a lot more money. From what I've heard so far they are more substance than bling.

A.
Yeah seems to be the engine of choice for sebo (sebart)
Old Apr 02, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Jun 2006
3 Posts
mintor 33cc

Installed my Mintor 33 in a Blackhorse Chipmunk 44cc. I fitted the tuned pipe which lives inside the fuselage. I have opened a cooling hole near the tail and the
existing intakes seem to keep everything cool. I am running a 19 x 8 Xoar wooden prop at 6400 rpm and the noise level is 83db. My club is very noise limiting so I was pleased with this result. The total weight is just under 12 lbs. I have so far just done the first flight and the aircraft behaved very well - plenty of power and very much like the full size. No trimming needed and with 45 deg. of flap it looked so real on finals and on landing that my hard to please chums actualy clapped!! This engine as anyone can see is quite beautifully made and so far it has performed better than the other five or so petrol engines that I have previously owned. Strongly advise using the tuned pipe which gave me an extra 300 rpm and much reduced noise. Uses very little fuel and produces no exhaust waste.
rogeraitch is offline Find More Posts by rogeraitch