HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:18 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumle View Post
Exactly same problem here. Any help Junsi, please?
You can solve this problem via upgrading to the latest version CellLog(8S)_V208. Any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barns_from_oz View Post
Hi

Can anyone provide the serial settings? I can download/send the logfile, but get lots of junk, as I dont have the serial speed, parity etc right. I guessed it might be 115k speed, but expect 8N1 parity and CTS flow control, but it is apparently not.
What did you use as a USB driver for the Mac? I can't even see the cellog from my mac as it's not coming up.

Thanks!
__Tango is offline Find More Posts by __Tango
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Tango View Post
What did you use as a USB driver for the Mac? I can't even see the cellog from my mac as it's not coming up.
Got it. The USB UART is a Silicon Labs CP210x variant. The Product ID (as shown in the "About this Mac -> More Info -> System Report -> USB") is 0xea60. I found a driver for this here: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/P...CPDrivers.aspx. The 3.0 driver works fine for me in Mountain Lion (10.8.2).
__Tango is offline Find More Posts by __Tango
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:38 PM
Russia,Moscow
Joined Jan 2007
145 Posts
Dear Junsi I found my Powerlog flat dead today. After some confusion I remembered that I was trying accidentally to check the voltage of the small AC power supply with it a week ago. Is there anything could be made before trashing it? Thanks.
vic_bull is offline Find More Posts by vic_bull
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:00 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Hi all,

Long thread so I apologize if this has been covered already.

I would like to know if the PowerLog provides individual cell voltages in the LogView software as the CellLog does.

Thanks.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:57 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
@vic-bull

Please check the PM we have sent to you. Thanks.

@davehour,

Yes, the PowerLog does, please refer to the detailed specification on the first post of this thread.

Junsi
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Setup config Not Saved Powerlog 6S

Hi Junsi, I have a problem... when I try change interval log time, file # or other setup things, the Powerlog 6S did not save the new config... I have upgrade the firmware OK, but still in same condition, changes at setup not saved...
Any ideas?
Thanks
Alex
alewank is offline Find More Posts by alewank
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alewank View Post
Hi Junsi, I have a problem... when I try change interval log time, file # or other setup things, the Powerlog 6S did not save the new config... I have upgrade the firmware OK, but still in same condition, changes at setup not saved...
Any ideas?
Thanks
Alex
Hello Alex,

Sorry to cause you this trouble, could you please try to upgrade to the lastest firmware again? If it still fails, please let us know, thanks.

Junsi
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi View Post
Hello Alex,

Sorry to cause you this trouble, could you please try to upgrade to the lastest firmware again? If it still fails, please let us know, thanks.

Junsi
Hi Junsi, It still in problem... I have upgrade to PowerLog6s_V110.bin.
For example, when I select LogFile2 and push MENU to exit and save (more to 2 seconds), the display return to LOG FILE menu and LogFile1 is selected.
Other, when I enter in System/Record Interval, and select other value than 0.25 Sec, it record 0.25 Sec without change...
In START SETTING when I select LOG Screen and or Inf. Screen, the changes are not saved.
Please, tell me how can I repair this problem.
Regards.
Alex
alewank is offline Find More Posts by alewank
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alewank View Post
Hi Junsi, It still in problem... I have upgrade to PowerLog6s_V110.bin.
For example, when I select LogFile2 and push MENU to exit and save (more to 2 seconds), the display return to LOG FILE menu and LogFile1 is selected.
Other, when I enter in System/Record Interval, and select other value than 0.25 Sec, it record 0.25 Sec without change...
In START SETTING when I select LOG Screen and or Inf. Screen, the changes are not saved.
Please, tell me how can I repair this problem.
Regards.
Alex
Please check the PM we have sent to you, thanks.

Junsi
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:24 PM
Joined Jul 2009
34 Posts
How long can PowerLog continuous sustain the 130amp rating?
thanks
freddy85 is offline Find More Posts by freddy85
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:44 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,610 Posts
freddy, I too would like a recommendation from Junsi on this.

Given that the current sensor is a very robust 0.0002 Ohm metal resistor, that cannot be the limiting component at these currents. 130Amps is less than 4 Watts dissipation.

Likely the limit of 40A continuous was made because of measured temperature rise inside the unventilated case from heat conducted to the PC board. Most of this heat will be generated by the resistance in the Deans Connectors not the resistor itself.

Just for info, I will be experimenting shortly with a Powerlog suitably modified to see if it will run continuously and accurately at 130Amps. Happy to post the results back here when finished.

UPDATE: I did test the temp rise way back when the Powerlog was first released and suggested the connectors were the main thing to look at then. Had forgotten about that!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=345

John
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Jan 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:41 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Current monitoring affects Cell 1voltage ?

I am having a problem with the PowerLog 6s.

I have it connected as per the diagram in the manual, to a 4cell battery pack and to a load/charger.

I am monitoring individual cell voltage at the same time as current.

The problem is that the Cell1 voltage seems to be affected by the current. The change to cell1 voltage is proportional to the current (magnitude and direction).

I first thought Cell1 had a High internal resistance, but running the same test with the two current connectors unplugged from the PowerLog and connected together resolved the issue.

The direction of the current also seems confusing: -Amps for charging and +Amps for discharge.

What am I doing wrong.
Thanks,
John.
NAHANNIV is offline Find More Posts by NAHANNIV
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:09 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHANNIV View Post
The problem is that the Cell1 voltage seems to be affected by the current. The change to cell1 voltage is proportional to the current (magnitude and direction).

I first thought Cell1 had a High internal resistance, but running the same test with the two current connectors unplugged from the PowerLog and connected together resolved the issue.
John,

You need make sure there is no large current through the ground of balance port on the charger, if has current, it will cause effect.

Junsi
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:33 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHANNIV View Post
The direction of the current also seems confusing: -Amps for charging and +Amps for discharge.
IMO it makes sense, since power goes out through the port labelled "Input" when charging.
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen