HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2014, 05:55 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Flip 32+ User Manual

I have a Flip32+ on order from Paul and decided to create a user manual instead of always having to rely on Naze32 manuals and forums to get the information needed for setting it up.

Please do not reply to this thread. If you have a question or a helpful tip/hints, please PM me. I would like to keep this thread as having one message only, this one.

Any and all updates will be posted on this message so stay tuned

UPDATE 07/24/2014:
Flip 32+ has shipped and should arrive within 3 days.

UPDATE 08/04/2014:
Flip 32+ manual uploaded.

UPDATE 07/26/2014:
Flip 32+ received and manual started.

UPDATE 08/01/2014:
Manual is done and am in process of final editing.

UPDATE 08/11/2014:
A reader named Mark notified me that there is a discrepancy in the motor layout picture for motors 3 and 4. Motors 3 and 4 are mislabeled in the picture however their spin directions are correct. I will correct the manual this evening and re-post as version IV.

UPDATE 11/15/2014:
I posted a new version (V5) of the manual in response to the following:

1. A reader informed me that the VBATT pins on their Flip32+ were different
2. A company by the name of queenhobby has illegally replaced the header on the manual and posted it on their site as if I had written it for them, which i did not. I added verbiage to the header and footers of the manual.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Last edited by rcjose; Nov 15, 2014 at 10:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:55 AM
Dallas TX
Joined Feb 2007
19 Posts
Gracias Jose, this is awesome.
miguel_vice is online now Find More Posts by miguel_vice
Old Nov 24, 2014, 01:38 AM
United States, DC, Washington D.C.
Joined Aug 2002
310 Posts
Nice manual. You should send it to Paul at RTFQ.
wuudogg is online now Find More Posts by wuudogg
Old Dec 20, 2014, 06:26 PM
Joined Aug 2007
30 Posts
Isnt the + and - pins reversed in your manual for the vbat and beeper connections? I tried hooking my battery like it states in this manual and got smoke.... Luck have it that i did no fry anything...
kork123 is offline Find More Posts by kork123
Last edited by kork123; Dec 22, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2015, 11:30 AM
Pilot of things.
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Dec 2006
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kork123 View Post
Isnt the + and - pins reversed in your manual for the vbat and beeper connections? I tried hooking my battery like it states in this manual and got smoke.... Luck have it that i did no fry anything...
It looks like the Rev 6 boards have the positive battery pin on the inside of the board and the ground is on the outside (aligned with the rest of the motor output ground pins). I connected my Flip32+ Rev 6 following this manual and ended up with some melted pins, a loud pop and smoke. Oops.

After connecting the Vbat backwards, it looked like my board still worked. However, my barometer is always showing about -54,000 feet now. I disabled BARO on all my flight modes and the board is flying fine. For $27 though, I'm just going to replace the Flip32+ to make sure I don't run into another problem because of the big voltage I sent to the ground plane with my backwards Vbat connection attempt. I'd really hate to lose another component while my quad is flying.

The Rev 6 board has a little "+" next to the Vbatt pins. The + is right next to the positive pin.
bryanduke is online now Find More Posts by bryanduke
Old Jan 02, 2015, 02:43 PM
United States, CA, Auburn
Joined Jan 2009
882 Posts
posted this to another thread but can get comments maybe i was in the wrong place ..

i have both buzzer and led intended for kk board ..tested them both to my dragonly32and they wrk ..question is ..is it ok to "Y" them together to have them both work w/ out issues to the board or draw too much

EDIT..would this be a problem?..any one ..just making sure dont wanna see the magic smoke show right now
pinoydad is offline Find More Posts by pinoydad
Old Jan 02, 2015, 03:06 PM
Pilot of things.
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Dec 2006
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoydad View Post
posted this to another thread but can get comments maybe i was in the wrong place ..

i have both buzzer and led intended for kk board ..tested them both to my dragonly32and they wrk ..question is ..is it ok to "Y" them together to have them both work w/ out issues to the board or draw too much

EDIT..would this be a problem?..any one ..just making sure dont wanna see the magic smoke show right now
That would depend on how much current they draw and how much the Dragonfly provides. Can you measure their current when wired together and compare that to what the Dragonfly can output?
bryanduke is online now Find More Posts by bryanduke
Old Jan 09, 2015, 08:02 PM
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Nov 2014
33 Posts
Very good writeup. This would be a good sticky for anyone new and old for the naze boards
photohap is offline Find More Posts by photohap
Old Jan 10, 2015, 04:37 PM
Joined Feb 2009
5 Posts
RC Jose,

Sorry about the plagiarism issue. I'm glad to have found your thread as I am just starting to work with the Flip 32. I like what I see so far and thank you for your dedication.

Mark
mmccormack58 is offline Find More Posts by mmccormack58