SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM
FPVRockApe on YouTube.
United Kingdom, Rayleigh
Joined Jan 2012
2,711 Posts
So Big T. How did the surgery on the Tonka go today?

Oh......I forgot to say..........when you tighten the spring tension on the shocks, make sure that you take each one out of the truck, if not the likelihood is that you will end up unscrewing the shock cap and the oil will leak out.........once again..........the voice of experience talking.
FPVsummituk is offline Find More Posts by FPVsummituk
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,627 Posts
I have a 330 servo bought at HK, I think it is a blue arrow. Works very well, centers when I let go the stick, I like it a lot. Not cheap, 45 $ IIRC, but it works.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DTF-UHF 200mm mini quad
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Apr 2014
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
I have a 330 servo bought at HK, I think it is a blue arrow. Works very well, centers when I let go the stick, I like it a lot. Not cheap, 45 $ IIRC, but it works.
No creeping? I was reading the reviews on it. A lot of people are having problems with it running continues. Did you have any problems? Did you have to do anything else to get this servo to work correct?
B.meir73 is offline Find More Posts by B.meir73
Last edited by B.meir73; Yesterday at 06:19 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Member of fpvhub.com
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined Apr 2014
63 Posts
Big T just for your reference I am using a trinity head tracker on a pulio 360 degree servo but i have set up my trinity to 1 to 1.5 so that I have not got to move my head very far to get full 180 degree vision It makes for a slightly more sensitive pan but I can live with that.

Nice to see your getting on with your TS so fast too;-)
dizzyfpv is offline Find More Posts by dizzyfpv
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
13,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.meir73 View Post
No creeping? I was reading the reviews on it. A lot of people are having problems with it running continues. Did you have any problems? Did you have to do anything else to get this servo to work correct?
I cut the tabs on the case so they would fit the seatback of the Tonka body. No creeping. I used the "suport ring" method to prevent vibration of the camera:

Mystery summit adventures Park ride with the Flintstones (4 min 21 sec)
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DTF-UHF 200mm mini quad
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
Joined Apr 2014
98 Posts
I have my hd fat shark google coming. So Dizzy does the head tracker bring you 360 servo back to center?

Carguy what's the support ring method?
Last edited by B.meir73; Yesterday at 06:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyfpv View Post
Big T just for your reference I am using a trinity head tracker on a pulio 360 degree servo but i have set up my trinity to 1 to 1.5 so that I have not got to move my head very far to get full 180 degree vision It makes for a slightly more sensitive pan but I can live with that.

Nice to see your getting on with your TS so fast too;-)

I don't use the head tracker, never have, wasted hours and hours trying to get it to work with the fy41 and the MTD. I could never get pan and tilt to work or get it to hold centre. It would be centred the I would look left and it would go to bottom left. I would look right and it would go to top right so I gave up. Plus I was no fan of the cable and the Retched bleeping. I just have pan and on the summit its on the rudder stick (mode 2)
BigTradioman is online now Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM
Joined Oct 2009
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVsummituk View Post
So Big T. How did the surgery on the Tonka go today?

Oh......I forgot to say..........when you tighten the spring tension on the shocks, make sure that you take each one out of the truck, if not the likelihood is that you will end up unscrewing the shock cap and the oil will leak out.........once again..........the voice of experience talking.

Bit rough round the edges as I cannot find all my tools, most are in storage during the house move. So it's tin snips and crosscut files at the moment on the kitchen table. I do miss my workshop!
The bodies dropped about a further 25mm and the tub now has the motor poking through the floor. I programmed the 14sg ready for the UHF and wired up the steering wheel servo. Now I just have to move the camera servo. I changed the shocks units over front to rear. I should have checked the oil in the shocks. I'll do that when the rockers arrive.
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM
Joined Apr 2014
98 Posts
Little add on this last Sunday. Finished the top cover for the batteries and VT.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM
United States, WA, Quincy
Joined Aug 2013
564 Posts
Hey Fellas,

I just received my Tonka truck today, I'm starting the process of breaking it down tomorrow, and I'm picking up a used summit on Thursday. Found one locally for $475 with a bunch of upgrades and spare parts (including batteries and motors). Thought I'd put up some before pictures. I'm thinking of doing a seahawks theme on it (with one of the team members driving, and a Seagal riding).

List so far of what I'm putting into this:

1.Tonka Truck $30
2.Summit $475
3.Gopro Hero 3+ Silver $275 (Owned already)

I'm in the process of making a master list of parts. If anyone has one they've compiled could they please post it? Also, what tires/wheel combo do you guys recommend (I'm not digging the stocks ones) Thanks!
pshelton is online now Find More Posts by pshelton
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
Joined Apr 2014
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshelton View Post
Hey Fellas,

I just received my Tonka truck today, I'm starting the process of breaking it down tomorrow, and I'm picking up a used summit on Thursday. Found one locally for $475 with a bunch of upgrades and spare parts (including batteries and motors). Thought I'd put up some before pictures. I'm thinking of doing a seahawks theme on it (with one of the team members driving, and a Seagal riding).

List so far of what I'm putting into this:

1.Tonka Truck $30
2.Summit $475
3.Gopro Hero 3+ Silver $275 (Owned already)

I'm in the process of making a master list of parts. If anyone has one they've compiled could they please post it? Also, what tires/wheel combo do you guys recommend (I'm not digging the stocks ones) Thanks!
O the list that you are asking for can be very long...lol it depends on what you want to do. Plus what you can afford. By the way welcome to the Tonka summit club.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
United States, WA, Quincy
Joined Aug 2013
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.meir73 View Post
O the list that you are asking for can be very long...lol it depends on what you want to do. Plus what you can afford. By the way welcome to the Tonka summit club.
Thanks! My budget isn't terribly high, and I've asked questions in other thread.
pshelton is online now Find More Posts by pshelton
Old Today, 02:38 AM
Joined Oct 2009
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshelton View Post
Thanks! My budget isn't terribly high, and I've asked questions in other thread.

Nice looking Tonka. They don't come like that in the UK! I tried to keep my build as cheap as chips so I used lots of bits and bobs from the spares bin. The only new purchases have been a 360 deg servo 12., used UHF rx 30, P2 rockers 10, 8 servo leads. The most expensive item is the Aomway 1000mw vtx which will have dual use on another model and that was $70.
The cheapest and most valuable item was the advice from this forum!