SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM
jk6672 is offline
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
jk6672's Avatar
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
3,002 Posts
I have mine at 40 too. I could get more, but its hard enough to follow it at that roll rate.
jk6672 is offline Find More Posts by jk6672
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
ryane67 is online now
Find More Posts by ryane67
I'll fly (and crash) anything!
ryane67's Avatar
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
1,127 Posts
Sorry Jeuke, I didn't realize you meant max throws once the servo was hooked up... looks like you've got a good amount though

Your pictures reminded me that I've got a digital spirit level for my my helicopters that I could use on the planes too.. woot!
ryane67 is online now Find More Posts by ryane67
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:09 AM
Jeuke26 is online now
Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67 View Post
Sorry Jeuke, I didn't realize you meant max throws once the servo was hooked up... looks like you've got a good amount though

Your pictures reminded me that I've got a digital spirit level for my my helicopters that I could use on the planes too.. woot!
It is actually this one, just removed the holding part and added double sided 3M tape. Works fantastic and extra cost was about ..nada.
Jeuke26 is online now Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:03 AM
Suds is online now
Find More Posts by Suds
indywestrc.org
Suds's Avatar
United States, IN, Zionsville
Joined Dec 2004
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67 View Post
Sorry Jeuke, I didn't realize you meant max throws once the servo was hooked up... looks like you've got a good amount though

Your pictures reminded me that I've got a digital spirit level for my my helicopters that I could use on the planes too.. woot!
I use some free level app for my phone which appears to work great. My ailerons are right around 40 degree throw, I feel any more pretty much just adds drag and doesn't increase the roll rate.
Suds is online now Find More Posts by Suds
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM
Jeuke26 is online now
Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
Can anybody suggest good Alu servo arms? I currently have the Secraft Alu blue ones recommended by my LHS. Now that my MXS is fully maiden ready, I ran some figures as I love the math and science behind this "hobby" ( actually became a lifestyle ) and as these arms are very good quality, they are 1.5inch and thus reducing the torque on all Hitec 7245 by a whopping 50% delivering less then 50oz/inch now. So, I need a true 1inch servo arm and have to realign everything because I figured out that the indicated torque specs only hold true on a 1inch servo arm, combined with a 1inch control horn. As the control horn is longer, it guess the holding torque is lower than listed.
Thanks for all suggestions.

Philip
Jeuke26 is online now Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:59 AM
ryane67 is online now
Find More Posts by ryane67
I'll fly (and crash) anything!
ryane67's Avatar
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2013
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeuke26 View Post
Can anybody suggest good Alu servo arms? I currently have the Secraft Alu blue ones recommended by my LHS. Now that my MXS is fully maiden ready, I ran some figures as I love the math and science behind this "hobby" ( actually became a lifestyle ) and as these arms are very good quality, they are 1.5inch and thus reducing the torque on all Hitec 7245 by a whopping 50% delivering less then 50oz/inch now. So, I need a true 1inch servo arm and have to realign everything because I figured out that the indicated torque specs only hold true on a 1inch servo arm, combined with a 1inch control horn. As the control horn is longer, it guess the holding torque is lower than listed.
Thanks for all suggestions.

Philip
Can't you get the Dubro long heavy duty arms?
ryane67 is online now Find More Posts by ryane67
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19 AM
jk6672 is offline
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
jk6672's Avatar
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
3,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeuke26 View Post
Can anybody suggest good Alu servo arms? I currently have the Secraft Alu blue ones recommended by my LHS. Now that my MXS is fully maiden ready, I ran some figures as I love the math and science behind this "hobby" ( actually became a lifestyle ) and as these arms are very good quality, they are 1.5inch and thus reducing the torque on all Hitec 7245 by a whopping 50% delivering less then 50oz/inch now. So, I need a true 1inch servo arm and have to realign everything because I figured out that the indicated torque specs only hold true on a 1inch servo arm, combined with a 1inch control horn. As the control horn is longer, it guess the holding torque is lower than listed.
Thanks for all suggestions.

Philip
Just use the Hitec heavy duty servo arms and you will be fine.. use the longest one for the elevator. Try them and if your concerned with the torque bump it up to 8v or 8,2v to see how you like that.
jk6672 is offline Find More Posts by jk6672
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:23 AM
Jeuke26 is online now
Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67 View Post
Can't you get the Dubro long heavy duty arms?
Nope, live in Belgium and have no Dubro long arms LHS supply... Could order by internet of course, but you should see the shipping rates! Same as my 3S 900mah RX batt!

Would you go with this one? The Secraft 1" blue Alu.

Is it a "bad" thing not to have the second side screw like the 1.5" version?
Jeuke26 is online now Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:27 AM
Jeuke26 is online now
Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
Just use the Hitec heavy duty servo arms and you will be fine.. use the longest one for the elevator. Try them and if your concerned with the torque bump it up to 8v or 8,2v to see how you like that.
Euh, ..already up to 8.5v. Thanks for the tip anyway, are those the ones included in the Hitec 7245 boxes?
Jeuke26 is online now Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:55 AM
Liberty10 is online now
Find More Posts by Liberty10
Yin & Yang
Liberty10's Avatar
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
5,336 Posts
Dude use the arms you have. The plane is designed around this class servo using the longer arm. If you go 1 inch everywhere you won't get max throws especially on the elevator.
My mxs has hundreds of flights with long arms and 7245s all around and it has had zero issues with torque
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 PM
Jeuke26 is online now
Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
Dude use the arms you have. The plane is designed around this class servo using the longer arm. If you go 1 inch everywhere you won't get max throws especially on the elevator.
My mxs has hundreds of flights with long arms and 7245s all around and it has had zero issues with torque
Thanks Dude, will keep the setup. Was just a general concern as we all investigate every point and angle of the MXS setup in this 397 page thread.
Jeuke26 is online now Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:44 PM
Jeuke26 is online now
Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Registered User
Joined Apr 2014
87 Posts
Cody, how long are yours? ( servo arms, not certain body part )
Jeuke26 is online now Find More Posts by Jeuke26
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 PM
AeroKen is online now
Find More Posts by AeroKen
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,785 Posts
In Cody's post (#1 in this thread) he says he used the second longest dubro arms for the ailerons - those are 1". And he says he used the 2nd from the end hole in the longest arms for the both elevator and rudder - that's 1 1/8".
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Official- Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 EXP Build thread Ducati Mechanic 3D Flying 6358 May 26, 2015 01:29 AM
Sold 48" Extreme Flight MXS EXP Ducati Mechanic Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 16 May 30, 2012 06:03 PM
Sold Extreme Flight MXS EXP FASTALJR Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 May 18, 2012 06:00 PM
Found Looking for an extreme flight Mxs exp ThatGuy123 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Feb 24, 2012 08:34 PM