SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by Evopower
United Kingdom, England, Somset
Joined Aug 2013
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikokid View Post
He made a mess of the take-off but I guess we've all done that. The rest was pretty good although for the most part he flew it flat out ? Not that I would know. It seemed plenty fast enough for me anyhow. The plane did that 'normal' whack into ground effect look. Perhaps he just overcooked the flare. I always do that if I'm not careful. Very easy to do. In the end a great landing. The plane looked fab. As it does. Sound system wasn't the best.

Brent.
it was only my 3rd flight still getting used to it

doesnt fly that bad , i bought it secondhand never flown , with upgraded esc / servos and a hobbyking sound system lol , plus 2 x 5000 6s lipos .... all for 65

the funny noise at the beginning was the little propeller on the bomb , take off was a little fast , flying on mixed throttle (not flat out )

anyway looks nice in the air
Evopower is online now Find More Posts by Evopower
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
Find More Posts by gnats82
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,220 Posts
Evopower -

Great to get your input and discussion.

Your flying looked pretty doggone good all in all. I had the impression you weren't quite used to the plane yet so your comment bears that out.

Sound system didn't come across to my ears but I did pick up on the sounds of the motor and prop.

They do look super in the air, the larger size keeping them within the field of view longer.

I think you got a bargain, no doubt. As you get a handle on how to correct the left turn tendency , the take-offs will settle down nicely. Easy throttle up to speed with r. rudder to keep 'er straight, gets better all the time.

Beautiful flying site, btw.

Edit: Original retracts or some kind of upgraded ones? Really a snag with this size model that's in need of reliable twist'n turn kind.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Last edited by gnats82; Yesterday at 03:54 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2013
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82 View Post
Evopower -

Great to get your input and discussion.

Your flying looked pretty doggone good all in all. I had the impression you weren't quite used to the plane yet so your comment bears that out.

Sound system didn't come across to my ears but I did pick up on the sounds of the motor and prop.

They do look super in the air, the larger size keeping them within the field of view longer.

I think you got a bargain, no doubt. As you get a handle on how to correct the left turn tendency , the take-offs will settle down nicely. Easy throttle up to speed with r. rudder to keep 'er straight, gets better all the time.

Beautiful flying site, btw.

Edit: Original retracts or some kind of upgraded ones? Really a snag with this size model that's in need of reliable twist'n turn kind.
thanks for the kind words , my first warbird i normally fly EDF's

i replaced the retracts with stronger metal trunnion retracts and new legs , the retracts were nearly a direct fit just a little sanding in the mounts
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by Kaikokid
New Zealand, Northland, Kaikohe
Joined Aug 2011
3,037 Posts
Thanks for your comments Evopower I wasn't expecting to hear from the owner. I sense you weren't upset by my comments but if you were... sorry.... that's not were I'm at. I don't regard myself as a great flier just someone who loves 'scale' that's all.
You did get a bargain that's for sure and I hope you get many flights out of her.
My Grandmothers father came from Bath. And that's about it. However I Googled Frome and highly recommend others do likewise. What a fabulous place you live in. Thanks for the video....post some more....please.

Brent.
Kaikokid is offline Find More Posts by Kaikokid
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3,037 Posts
I watched this the other day. Not apples with apples but pretty cool just the same.
LARGE SCALE RC HS-44 Aerokot (Piloted by Steve Holland) (11 min 32 sec)

Brent.
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3,037 Posts
Name: ab.PNG
Views: 10
Size: 857.8 KB
Description:
https://www.facebook.com/boatkrazy/v...6659722233683/
Richard Pearse eat your heart out.

Brent.
Old Today, 02:31 AM
Joined Aug 2013
231 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for your comments Evopower I wasn't expecting to hear from the owner. I sense you weren't upset by my comments but if you were... sorry.... that's not were I'm at. I don't regard myself as a great flier just someone who loves 'scale' that's all.
You did get a bargain that's for sure and I hope you get many flights out of her.
My Grandmothers father came from Bath. And that's about it. However I Googled Frome and highly recommend others do likewise. What a fabulous place you live in. Thanks for the video....post some more....please.

Brent.
Everyone got to have comments otherwise rc groups would be boring lol

No offence taken Brent .
Old Today, 03:09 AM
Joined Aug 2011
3,037 Posts
Great ! So it's OK to set your video to music then ?

Brent.
Old Today, 03:59 AM
Joined Aug 2013
231 Posts
Quote:
Great ! So it's OK to set your video to music then ?

Brent.
Go for it
Old Today, 04:28 AM
Joined Aug 2011
3,037 Posts
hobbyking p 40N warhawk 1700 (4 min 42 sec)

Rolling Stones - Everlasting Is My Love (Outtake) 1978 (4 min 53 sec)

I doubt that will be the final word. Your vid gets better every time you watch it.

Brent.
Old Today, 06:06 AM
Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
3,239 Posts
Quote:
Wow!
This is a WIG craft, and there were many amateur designs 15-20 years ago which I nearly attempted myself, just wasn't convinced they would be "all that", back then at least. Looks like the original hobby concept has realized a modern day improvement. Interesting
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Today, 12:18 PM
Find More Posts by Charley38
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Oct 2003
2,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82 View Post
Kk -

"Sound system"..., ??. All I heard was ambient sounds of the airplane and the camera man breathing. The big ol' prop made itself heard for sure.
Some guys can't get the hang of going up on the power slowly. Is that a sound system? I thought it was the sound of a badly out-of-balance prop.

CR
Charley38 is online now Find More Posts by Charley38
Old Today, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by gnats82
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38 View Post
Some guys can't get the hang of going up on the power slowly. Is that a sound system? I thought it was the sound of a badly out-of-balance prop.

CR
Check his posts, #9303. It's his first warbird, .....is used to EDFs. Totally understand what was going on with him, was his third flight with the P-40N.

Don't know about the prop being out of balance in it. Even when running smooth and true, it makes a lot of noise. It has ~17" in pitch....(!) and is probably the most gratifying sound the plane makes in stock form other than the wind going through the landing gear....
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82