New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by n00b-E
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
699 Posts
Well it's that time of year (the time the pellet gun was purchased for), the mourning doves are trying to roost and the eurasian collared doves (invasive species) are trying to run them off. Hunting license purchased a week ago, so it's time for a little pest control.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:41 AM
Find More Posts by Punkie
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
643 Posts
You need a licence to cull pest animals?

In the UK there is the general licence, you do not need to apply, but you stick to the guidelines in them.
http://basc.org.uk/shooting/general-licences/

If I want to shoot the pigeons or other pest animals in the marina, so long as I have permision from the owner and I shoot in a safe manner, I am free to do so.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by n00b-E
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
You need a licence to cull pest animals?

In the UK there is the general licence, you do not need to apply, but you stick to the guidelines in them.
http://basc.org.uk/shooting/general-licences/

If I want to shoot the pigeons or other pest animals in the marina, so long as I have permision from the owner and I shoot in a safe manner, I am free to do so.
Not on my own property, but I plan on transporting them to give to a buddy whose family likes them. THATS where it could get sticky, and since I'll need one in September anyhow, I just buy it when I get my fishing license. Better safe than sorry.

But generally speaking, if you're doing pest control you don't need a license. FPr example, if I was to shoot prairie dogs on public land, I'd need a license. But when I'm doing it on my friends ranch, I don't because I'm considered to be contracted for pest control.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
The pack rat we executed and left out for the hawks and vultures....
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Apr 25, 2015, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by seanpcola
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,097 Posts
Well, my predators (coyotes) disappeared finally without my help. Some people finally bought the house and 15 acres that backs up to my property. They brought their 3 German Sheppards with them and I agreed to open up a small section of fence between us. Now the "guys" can roam freely on my property too. They're having a fantastic time, the yotes are gone and I gained some really cool loaner dogs. Got a schedule going with the owner so I'm feeding them too. Also, I gained two cats in the deal.

So, no more wild animals thanks to the dogs and probably no more venomous snakes because of the cats. Win-win and I never had to fire a shot.

But, I do want to start shooting my pellet gun again. I thought I was gonna get a serious tune up for my pellet rifle from my private gun smith but he had to cancel his trip down to these parts. Isn't that right 56S.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 25, 2015, 06:04 PM
56S
Find More Posts by 56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Well, my predators (coyotes) disappeared finally without my help. Some people finally bought the house and 15 acres that backs up to my property. They brought their 3 German Sheppards with them and I agreed to open up a small section of fence between us. Now the "guys" can roam freely on my property too. They're having a fantastic time, the yotes are gone and I gained some really cool loaner dogs. Got a schedule going with the owner so I'm feeding them too. Also, I gained two cats in the deal.

So, no more wild animals thanks to the dogs and probably no more venomous snakes because of the cats. Win-win and I never had to fire a shot.

But, I do want to start shooting my pellet gun again. I thought I was gonna get a serious tune up for my pellet rifle from my private gun smith but he had to cancel his trip down to these parts. Isn't that right 56S.
That and I'm too busy shooting the new LGU. Man, I like that gun.
56S is online now Find More Posts by 56S