SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:40 PM
Joined Mar 2013
3 Posts
Discussion
Reset will not work

Hello-

I am trying to set up my Guardian in my 4Star 60. I have read & reread and believe everything is set up correctly. I cannot get it to reset. Finally, I just did the reset with the button in the software - fine. It works, shifts between 3D & 2D just fine. But when I try to reset (after setting the airplane correctly for level flight) I fail - get no twitch!. I have reset my throws (Futaba 9C) for the mode channel to 120%, tried toggling as fast as I can, done it after 3 seconds and after 10 seconds - all with no results - it will not reset.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Court
Court is offline Find More Posts by Court
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 12:39 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Court, can you confirm that the mode switch correctly switches the mode in normal operation (from 2D to off to 3D)? That will let us rule out an issue there. Note that you can check this by looking at the LED when switching modes.

Also, in case it helps, here's a video showing the reset being done (at about 2:50 into the video I think):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Rt8Y3Lxnv-0
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:16 PM
Joined Mar 2013
3 Posts
will not reset by toggling

Yes, I know it is switching between 2D & 3D. And I know it is not resetting because I have never received a "twitch" (like the video) and when I check it with the sofeware I see that it is not quite level. (I am able to reset it with software, but I need to be able to reset at the field.)
Court is offline Find More Posts by Court
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:41 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Court, we're discussing your issue here. The cause is eluding us at the moment, though. One thing: do you have the unit mounted upside down?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor