SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2014, 03:43 PM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolson View Post
I found her limits boys. She will not pull out of couple hundred foot nose dive while spiraling at only 30 feet or so above deck....
Only the bottom wing, one strut, and one cabane broken. She'll live. Will buy parts as they become available and stitch her back together.
Oh no! Is this the new one you had on the way?
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:24 PM
Earthbound misfit
United States, NC, Ronda
Joined Mar 2014
183 Posts
Quote:
I just took mine off and would gladly offer it to you. Try it out. If you dont like it send it back. If you do like it, keep it and enjoy. Pay it forward bro.

I found it a hindrance to my flying style and my other planes are big enough to be stable on their own....and not made of foam.
That is great! I'll get more info tomorrow, and thanks.
Chinthing is online now Find More Posts by Chinthing
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:45 AM
Wait.............nevermin d
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
940 Posts
No its my original. I still have the other one I just bought sitting in the box
eolson is online now Find More Posts by eolson
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
940 Posts
Chinthing just hit me up whenever you're ready
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:11 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Gary; I'm getting ready to put together my Albatross. Are there any other areas that might benefit from reinforcement, while I'm assembling it? Thanks; Ernie P.
Ernie,
The only other thing I did was to put a couple of drops of UHU POR under the stab as it seemed a bit loose. I have over 120 flights on my Alby and it is still going strong. I use 1800mah Parkzone lipos as my 2200's make the plane nose heavy.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:39 PM
USA, VA, Bealeton
Joined Jan 2008
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
Ernie,
The only other thing I did was to put a couple of drops of UHU POR under the stab as it seemed a bit loose. I have over 120 flights on my Alby and it is still going strong. I use 1800mah Parkzone lipos as my 2200's make the plane nose heavy.
Gary
Thanks for the tips, Sir. I will try them. Thanks; Ernie P.
Ernie P. is offline Find More Posts by Ernie P.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:35 PM
Earthbound misfit
United States, NC, Ronda
Joined Mar 2014
183 Posts
Quote:
Chinthing just hit me up whenever you're ready
I sent you a message, if it went through....my "crash" prop was out of balance, so I weathered a MA 12x6 tonight.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
940 Posts
Nice work! I got your pm. I'll stick it in the mail either tomorrow or monday. Search around rcg for set up questions/tips. There's a couple of good youtube videos out there as well. The directions can be a little difficult to understand if you haven't set up a plane gyro before. Just make sure you can access the pots when you install it.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:36 PM
United States, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Apr 2010
61 Posts
Guardian Mounting

Quote:
Nice work! I got your pm. I'll stick it in the mail either tomorrow or monday. Search around rcg for set up questions/tips. There's a couple of good youtube videos out there as well. The directions can be a little difficult to understand if you haven't set up a plane gyro before. Just make sure you can access the pots when you install it.
I mounted mine upside down under the bottom wing. It is not too noticeable.

Others have mounted the Guardian under the machine gun....better looking but tougher to adjust.

Regards,
Jim
LakeTahoeJim is offline Find More Posts by LakeTahoeJim
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:42 PM
Earthbound misfit
United States, NC, Ronda
Joined Mar 2014
183 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a ton, if you stick a prop in the package, I'll woodgrain and / or weather it and send it back to you.
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Cobra Driver
Roxboro, NC
Joined Dec 2005
308 Posts
Just got my Alby the other day. I hope to have it together soon and maiden it on my clubs annual Jan. 1st fly-in. That is if I don't get it done tomorrow first.
RedTwilight is offline Find More Posts by RedTwilight
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
940 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club!