SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2014, 06:05 PM
United States, NC, Durham
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Help!
Newbie .Need help setting up new motor

Ok so I just got this motor that i need help setting up.My parts on the right are what i have but I want my motor to be setup like the picture on the right. Any tutorial or help would be great.I don"t even know what the part on the right is called. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks in advance!!!
Marcm1 is offline Find More Posts by Marcm1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2014, 06:33 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,924 Posts
Forum: Electric Motor Design and Construction
Subtitle: Information about design, construction, and performance of custom-designed electric motors.
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Nov 25, 2014, 06:54 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
2,086 Posts
Ron, I'm not sure that is clear enough

@Marcm1 : this is the wrong forum. Please post your question here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/power-systems-13/
DownUnderPilot is online now Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Nov 26, 2014, 08:05 PM
Condescending Pedant
Joined Aug 2013
1,008 Posts
In your first picture, the part on the right is called a motor. The part on the left is called a prop adapter. In your case it looks like what you need are 4 small bolts that will bolt the adapter to the motor. The end of,the motor should have threaded holse that match up to the adapter holes.If you got the adapter with the motor, the bolts should have been included. Otherwise you will have to find the correct bolts and maybe the motor does not have the holes to bolt the adapter to. Not all motors do.

If you do not have the holes then you will need a collet type adapter.

I just looked closer at your two pictures and it looks like you have photographed two different motors.
Mike Dubovsky is online now Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky