HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2004, 10:26 AM
Hoschton, GA
Joined Dec 2004
4 Posts
Newbie Flyer in Hoschton

Hi all. I'm new to rc planes and discovered this forum yesterday. I'm really excited to find out about you all and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Beringer Point sub division on Hwy 124 between Hwy 211 and Hamilton Mill. I got my first Soarstar from John @ Winder Hobby in October this year. I flew it 6 times before my elevator hinges came loose and i plowed it into the ground. I just got my second Soarstar in Dec. and had John build it this time I'm still very new and am learning the basics of the equipment. I'm fairly familiar with flight terminology and characteristics from a lifetime of computer flight simulators, but the electronics information is where I'm really lacking right now. I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully being able to fly with you and learn from you and get to see you're planes.

Wes Shaddix
wes"at"wesshaddix.com
wshaddix is offline Find More Posts by wshaddix
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:23 AM
clever phrase here
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2002
2,850 Posts
hi wes,

welcome to the ezone. i think you've come to the right place. there are quite a few electric flyers who live nearby. it being the holidays, the forum threads are a little slow, but in a week or two it should be pretty active. the best thing to do is to keep following the monthly threads and show up at one of our informal gatherings.

winder hobby has probably told you about some of the clubs you can join up that way. that's another good way to meet up with rc folks. also, on a quarterly basis, e-site owners like cliff, of atlanta hobby, hold an informal fly-in / cookout, which is great to attend.

we don't really have a master calendar of when / where things are going to happen, as rc stuff is heavily weather dependant, if you follow the thread there is a ton of fun stuff happening. anywho, good to have you join the atlanta forum, and hope to see you out there (somewhere?) soon.

-james
Foam Crazy is offline Find More Posts by Foam Crazy
Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:09 PM
Hoschton,Georgia
Joined Oct 2003
448 Posts
You will have to come join us at the drones flying field. You are only a few minutes away from it! I get out there most sundays and am always glad to help any way I can.
MUDBOGGER2 is offline Find More Posts by MUDBOGGER2
Old Dec 28, 2004, 01:45 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
where exactly is "the drones"?I've seen it mentioned several times;would like to give it a go sometime ;while i live in atlanta now it hasnt been that long since i lived in braselton;used to fly with a couple of guys up that way....
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Dec 28, 2004, 01:56 PM
Hoschton,Georgia
Joined Oct 2003
448 Posts
The drones field is located near the intersection of hwy 124 and hwy332.
1761 creek nation rd. Jefferson,Ga. 30549 for you mapquesters
MUDBOGGER2 is offline Find More Posts by MUDBOGGER2
Old Dec 28, 2004, 03:02 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
cool thx;thats not far from the middle school where i used to fly when i lived up off of doster rd
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Dec 28, 2004, 04:32 PM
Forgot how to fly
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Oct 2002
10,200 Posts
Glad you made it over here Wes.

-Mike
Mike Parsons is online now Find More Posts by Mike Parsons