HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2014, 09:43 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2012
277 Posts
Discussion
Revolectrix LiPo Storage Voltage?

Simple question (I hope): What's the ideal storage voltage for the Revolectrix LiPos?

I read an article (shame on me not finding it again) that depending on the exact chemistry used, the preferred storage differs.

Since I hardly have time to fly except on weekends, the LiPos I have are stored 5 out of 7 days per week, so my thinking is that using the optimal storage voltage adds some value. It might not make a significant difference of course.
As default I use the usually recommended 3.8V.
Hkubota is offline Find More Posts by Hkubota
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2014, 10:24 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkubota View Post
Simple question (I hope): What's the ideal storage voltage for the Revolectrix LiPos?

I read an article (shame on me not finding it again) that depending on the exact chemistry used, the preferred storage differs.

Since I hardly have time to fly except on weekends, the LiPos I have are stored 5 out of 7 days per week, so my thinking is that using the optimal storage voltage adds some value. It might not make a significant difference of course.
As default I use the usually recommended 3.8V.
No need to obsess over a precise value. It's really more of a range. 3.85v is about in the middle of the range. A little higher or a little lower is fine.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99