SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 09, 2014, 11:51 AM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Question
As3x on phoenix 5

I have been trying to find planes on Phoenix 5 with AS3X technology. There are several with SAFE, but I must be missing something.
bspill is offline Find More Posts by bspill
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:43 PM
United States, OH, Milford
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
AS3X vs SAFE

Isn't it almost the same thing? Isn't the flight envelope of SAFE built on the artificial stabilization of AS3X? Setting the SAFE mode to Advanced uses AS3X, but does not limit the flight envelope.

I am asking, not telling, because I am a newbie to this. I am just learning to fly RC using an Apprentice S 15e on both the real plane, and on the simulated plane in Phoenix V5.

One minor problem I find is that the SAFE modes in Phoenix V5 are in the reverse order as on my real plane. For example, when I change the SAFE Mode on the transmitter from Basic to Advanced, the SIM changes from Advanced to Basic. If I check the box in the software controls settings to reverse axis on the Gear, the plane works like the real plane, but the on-screen message is still backwards. The on-screen message tells me I am in Advanced mode when I am really flying in Basic mode.

This seems like a bug to me, that reversing the axis will reverse the action, but the on-screen label does not also reverse. I just ignore the on-screen message, and the SIM at least works the same as the real plane.

It took a while to figure this out, because I did not know that the 3-position SAFE mode switch is really a joystick, and must be set in the center position at the beginning of calibration. Until I did that, only the Basic mode was available in the SIM, because the switch didn't do anything.
MarkHLawry is offline Find More Posts by MarkHLawry
Old Apr 19, 2014, 03:44 PM
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
I downloaded 5.0.p. - The Apprentice s 15e seems to fly more realistically.
The Basic/Intermediate/Advanced controlled by the Gear axis is still reversed in the software.
You can edit a plane model to un-enable SAFE, but I don't see anything separate about AS3X.
Old Dec 05, 2014, 07:21 PM
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
SAFE channel 5 reversed

Has anyone else had the problem that channel 5 is reversed in Phoenix for the SAFE modes? I have sent emails to Phoenix, but they won't respond.