HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2013, 03:00 PM
Phone's ringing dude...
United States, OH, Fairfield
Joined Oct 2003
72 Posts
Discussion
Looking for an F-16 and F-15 suggestions

Long time listener, first time caller...I have been searching for a good F-16 in a 90mm size fan. I had the F-16 BH sells and loved the way it flew, but the retract system was horrible! I believe that was a 70mm model? Anyone familiar? I would get another if there was a good gear mod. I found this mod:

http://parkrcmodels.com/instruction/...nstruction.pdf

What model is this for? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?...

How about the Starmax F-16?

Second, I am looking for a good sized F-15 as well. Would prefer a single 90mm, but would be open to twins if I like the model. Seems there are very few F-15's in this size class.

I have a couple EDF's and my favorite is the Freewing F-18. I am flying it on an all stock set up. Not the fastest, but it flies great, looks great and is a pretty tough air frame with just a few mods to beef of the landing gear.

Anyway, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Bogietrim is offline Find More Posts by Bogietrim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:14 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,057 Posts
I have heard that Freewing is coming out with sore new aircraft before the end of the year. Maybe they will have a large F-16. Does anyone know exactly what new is going to be available?

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 13, 2013, 07:35 AM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,445 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2007204&page=2
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Oct 13, 2013, 03:40 PM
Phone's ringing dude...
Joined Oct 2003
72 Posts
thanks for the reply. I have heard that Freezing and FMS are coming out with new/updated models. I will wait and see. I just can't find a good version of either of these planes. I do fly off of pavement and like retracts on the jets. I am in the process of gathering items for an eflite F-4 build. I bought 2 of them since they were so cheap ($199). I bought the second for spares. I also have the option of converting the second to a turbine. That would be my first, but that is a way off. Figured I would fly the EDF version for awhile and get comfortable. Then build the turbine and go for my waiver with something I am already comfortable wit flying. I realize it wouldn't be exactly the same, but better than an airframe I have never flown before. Again that would be a while.

Back to the question at hand. Anyone know where I can purchase a Star ax F-16? Kit preferably...I have looked all over.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 09:20 PM
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Sep 2011
17 Posts
That gear mod in your first post is for the RClander F16. I have one and love it. The gear is very stout compared to many other models of its size. The only issue with the RCLander is that the close stance of the rear mains tends to make it tricky to not topple and scrape a wing tip.

The only available 90mm F16 EDF out there at the moment I believe is the HET. It doesn't have thrust vectoring though. I too would like a 90mm foamy Viper with good gear, thrust vectoring and flaps.

Good luck!
Suprsonic is offline Find More Posts by Suprsonic
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:57 AM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,599 Posts
rant

whats "new" about any of these aircraft?? they have been done to death.

where is the real "new" stuff, the ones that have not been done before

these threads are full of these planes,

putting electric retracts and bigger batteries in them does not make them NEW.

ive been waiting for someone to step up and put something out there that has not been done to death.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2007204&page=2
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:00 AM
JBX
Joined Jun 2012
52 Posts
Yeah. like a cessna A-37 dragonfly. Any takers?
JBX is offline Find More Posts by JBX
Old Nov 17, 2014, 03:36 PM
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2004
250 Posts
i recommend the Lanxiang (banana hobby) 70mm F-16. what a great flying plane!!
swatace23 is offline Find More Posts by swatace23
Old Dec 11, 2014, 02:47 PM
Aaaah...........Napalm!
USA, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Apr 2004
728 Posts
Freewing new 90mm f16 is up for pre-order on motion rc. It's gonna be sweet, but not here til March. HSD also has a 105mm f16 coming down the pike. The front retract mechanism is awesome looking. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post30173787
chopperscott is offline Find More Posts by chopperscott
Old Dec 15, 2014, 08:39 PM
Phone's ringing dude...
Joined Oct 2003
72 Posts
Yeah, I already pulled the trigger on the kit+. Can't wait! Now for the F15, 14 and an A4.