SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 08:06 AM
Joined Jun 2008
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
A bit of news. People ask me all the time about selling models ready to go with radio and receiver. As you all know, I do not sell radios or receivers. Well, I will not sell them, but I decided to buy some Devo 7 with RX701 receivers and soon I will have the option to buy models as ARTF.

ARTF stands for Almost ready to Fly. There are variations as to what that actually means, but in Armattan's case, it will mean that the model will come with a pre-configured radio and a receiver installed. Folks will only need to put on a battery of their own and go fly.

I think this will appeal to folks who want to try the Mullet or Multiwii but who worry about receiver installation and radio configuration. So this is going to be an all in one package that folk can buy knowing that it's tuned and ready to go.

I think this will also appeal to folks who are flying toy quads and who are considering moving up to a hobby grade quad. It's one stop shopping and the good thing is folks can then use the Radio to fly a vast array of other models ranging from helis, planes, quads, etc.

The Devo 7 radio is, in a way an entry model due to having 7 channels only, but it allows for using toggle switches to enable several flight modes and it packs features that are only found in high end radios. The range and the gimbals come to mind.

As a long time user of the Devo 7, I can totally vouch for it. I recently upgraded to a Devo 10 but it was kind of a waste of money since the Devo 7 did everything I need just the same, and the radio body itself is the same, give or take a couple useless knobs.

As for price, well, I have to buy the radios pay shipping to have them at my door. Then I need to configure them, pack them and spend money to ship them. It all adds up. I'm thinking around 150$ extra gets you a radio and a receiver installed. Of course, the flat rate of 5$ for shipping both the radio and the model will not change. So 5$ shipping for both the model and the radio.

Does that sound reasonable?

Let me know what you think.

Best,
Chris
What took you so long to do this.......Ha.....???? You will sell a ton of them, be prepared....!!!!
N3SHXX is online now Find More Posts by N3SHXX
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 08:25 AM
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Dec 2014
90 Posts
I think the Devo7 is a good choice keeps the package price reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteuk View Post
I now use them in both 8 & 9 inch , on all my Armattans .
Hey Pete what is the led strip you're using on the 355?
SoulJazz is online now Find More Posts by SoulJazz
Old Today, 08:34 AM
The Blacksite Dev
Canada, ON, Niagara Falls
Joined Dec 2014
52 Posts
I probably would have gone that route if it was available. I just prefer to buy all in one spot so I'm not waiting on packages from 20 vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
A bit of news. People ask me all the time about selling models ready to go with radio and receiver. As you all know, I do not sell radios or receivers. Well, I will not sell them, but I decided to buy some Devo 7 with RX701 receivers and soon I will have the option to buy models as ARTF.

ARTF stands for Almost ready to Fly. There are variations as to what that actually means, but in Armattan's case, it will mean that the model will come with a pre-configured radio and a receiver installed. Folks will only need to put on a battery of their own and go fly.

I think this will appeal to folks who want to try the Mullet or Multiwii but who worry about receiver installation and radio configuration. So this is going to be an all in one package that folk can buy knowing that it's tuned and ready to go.

I think this will also appeal to folks who are flying toy quads and who are considering moving up to a hobby grade quad. It's one stop shopping and the good thing is folks can then use the Radio to fly a vast array of other models ranging from helis, planes, quads, etc.

The Devo 7 radio is, in a way an entry model due to having 7 channels only, but it allows for using toggle switches to enable several flight modes and it packs features that are only found in high end radios. The range and the gimbals come to mind.

As a long time user of the Devo 7, I can totally vouch for it. I recently upgraded to a Devo 10 but it was kind of a waste of money since the Devo 7 did everything I need just the same, and the radio body itself is the same, give or take a couple useless knobs.

As for price, well, I have to buy the radios pay shipping to have them at my door. Then I need to configure them, pack them and spend money to ship them. It all adds up. I'm thinking around 150$ extra gets you a radio and a receiver installed. Of course, the flat rate of 5$ for shipping both the radio and the model will not change. So 5$ shipping for both the model and the radio.

Does that sound reasonable?

Let me know what you think.

Best,
Chris
The_DoGMaN is online now Find More Posts by The_DoGMaN