HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:42 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,734 Posts
+1 Kdean...If you look at it all in the grand scheme of life, Its actually pretty silly. Being a fan boy of only one brand and bashing others. Extremely immature if you ask me. Deep down most of us dont even care about that.
I'd Like to think other people actually have more going on in their life then to dwell on what brand of heli makes the world go round. ( if not maybe they should build a better mouse trap and push it ) All in all we see these people for who they truly are and for the most part they become ignored and never taken serious. Every heli & plank website has those types.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:49 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
+1 Kdean...If you look at it all in the grand scheme of life, Its actually pretty silly. Being a fan boy of only one brand and bashing others. Extremely immature if you ask me. Deep down most of us dont even care about that.
I'd Like to think other people actually have more going on in their life then to dwell on what brand of heli makes the world go round. ( if not maybe they should build a better mouse trap and push it ) All in all we see these people for who they truly are and for the most part they become ignored and never taken serious. Every heli & plank website has those types.
Couldn't agree more...just ignore
Hey Dejavu, is your avatar the UPS brown girl? Now there's something we can talk about off topic. Although her tail looks pretty stable.
segdohbird is offline Find More Posts by segdohbird
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:00 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
The term 'stone' is a measure of weight still commonly used in the U.K., one stone is equal to 14 pounds. So, if I told you that I weigh 13 stone, 13 lbs, that means in the U.S. I weigh roughly 195 lbs. When I saw Harry mention being 18 stones, I was confused . . . I didn't think they used those units in the Bahamas. Well, now I know.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
The term 'stone' is a measure of weight still commonly used in the U.K., one stone is equal to 14 pounds. So, if I told you that I weigh 13 stone, 13 lbs, that means in the U.S. I weigh roughly 195 lbs. When I saw Harry mention being 18 stones, I was confused . . . I didn't think they used those units in the Bahamas. Well, now I know.
I think this will explain it....Harry was stoned
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:36 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
Hey Dejavu, is your avatar the UPS brown girl? Now there's something we can talk about off topic. Although her tail looks pretty stable.
Lol, yeah a stable tail. And I wouldn't mind her handling my package
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:42 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by segdohbird View Post
lol..Yes thats the ups brown girl. Only not mine. ( I wish) Google search her image and you will find a few more of her, only in different positions . Was Just to good of an avatar pic to pass up i thought. ha...... Dilberto. you have no avatar pic. I say ya get this Chicky in one of her many poses.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
San Jacinto, California
Joined Jan 2004
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
lol..Yes thats the ups brown girl. Only not mine. ( I wish) Google search her image and you will find a few more of her, only in different positions . Was Just to good of an avatar pic to pass up i thought. ha...... Dilberto. you have no avatar pic. I say ya get this Chicky in one of her many poses.
While were talking of gyrations....Anyone heard of the fairly new Black Widow 3 axis gyro ??? Or have any opinions or experience (with the Black Widow...not the UPS girl)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:19 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,734 Posts
The black widow...Sold by rcareodyne at http://www.scaleflying.com/Black-Wid...SB_p_2600.html . The way i understand it is that rcareodyne was to use these fbl controllers on their chaos 550 helis that were to come out this time last year. ( a year later and their 550 has yet to come out. ) Go figure.

The re-branded version of this fbl controller is from Hobby king the Robird g31 seen here at http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ss_System.html

To date i have only known of one guy using this unit, And he seems to like it.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:39 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Ahhh, back to how it should be, nice one guys.

Royal mail seem to want to hold onto my Tarot! Been at the sorting office for almost 2 weeks Got the Devo 7 RX and servo's ready to go, ESC, Gyro, just waiting on motor and batteries now from HK. I keep looking at the parts in the box, inspecting them, putting them back, checking tracking online etc - Always seems to take forever when its something you want to be delivered quickly doesn't it.
RotaryC is offline Find More Posts by RotaryC
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:03 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,715 Posts
I put my order in at hk for the hk500tt fbl airframe. Once again i had to contact them to manualy put the payment through, but kyle assured me that it is now being processed. The kit is a jit item so it will take a week to get to the main warehouse, then another week to get in a plane to the US, then another week to get to the bahamas. Anyway, in the mean time i will be converting my old 500 back to fb and swap the 2801pro rx with the 2801e rx and setup the beastX in the 450 pro at the same time. That should keep me busy while i wait for my new project.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:22 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Nice one kdean, should keep you busy, don't forget to put some picks up please

I just got a note through the door this morning about additional charges and to collect my 450, wont be using Royal Mail anymore for larger international mail, happens every time, its cheaper to use UPS or Fed ex or something.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:18 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryC View Post
Nice one kdean, should keep you busy, don't forget to put some picks up please

I just got a note through the door this morning about additional charges and to collect my 450, wont be using Royal Mail anymore for larger international mail, happens every time, its cheaper to use UPS or Fed ex or something.
What was it? VAT? or something like that?
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:29 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
What was it? VAT? or something like that?
Good question there.

I hear ya, Rotery, Germany customs seem to be a pain too. The first time i was sent something here, instead of getting a letter from the deutsch post asking me to pay taxes, I got a letter from some company saying they would get it through customs "for me" if I paid a ridiculous fee to them. Instead i found something online with forms and showing how to fill them out which seemed to do the trick. The post sent it out pretty quick after that. The second time i got something the post just held onto it until i went to pick it up and pay the taxes there.

Waiting for something to arrive sure is a pain though. Worse than a kid waiting for christmas, but at least for christmas there is a specific date that it arrives on, with the post office instead of "when it arrives" it's "if it arrives at all" .........
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Yes, customs charge I think, plus an additional handling fee, its only 13.24 but thats not the point, to the best of my knowledge customs don't charge for just processing an item (could be wrong though) and Royal Mail have already been paid to handle to package so why they're charging additional handling charges is beyond me but I wont be using them again, its more the fact its been sat on a shelf in the sorting office for 2 weeks thats annoying - definitely going to argue the costs though, they do it ever time I order something large, never happens with the small expensive stuff - just another way for them to get more money out of you.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2011
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Good question there.

I hear ya, Rotery, Germany customs seem to be a pain too. The first time i was sent something here, instead of getting a letter from the deutsch post asking me to pay taxes, I got a letter from some company saying they would get it through customs "for me" if I paid a ridiculous fee to them. Instead i found something online with forms and showing how to fill them out which seemed to do the trick. The post sent it out pretty quick after that. The second time i got something the post just held onto it until i went to pick it up and pay the taxes there.

Waiting for something to arrive sure is a pain though. Worse than a kid waiting for christmas, but at least for christmas there is a specific date that it arrives on, with the post office instead of "when it arrives" it's "if it arrives at all" .........
yeah it sure is annoying, I'll be using fed ex from now on for the larger stuff, never had a problem using an express courier, only when using Royal Mail and its every time the package is on the larger side.

I never thought the rest of Europe would be the same, I just assumed it was the Royal Mail and the British Government trying to have people over for whatever they could get haha

Anyway, picking it up tomorrow so if I have to pay extra I will, just wont be using RM again, on the plus side, I take delivery of it tomorrow so... happy days!
Last edited by RotaryC; Nov 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM.