SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King HORROR Story BEWARE!!!

This is what has happened to me as a result of buying from Hobby King without first reading in forums like this one.

I purchased their P-51D Gunfighter 1600mm EPO, on March 28, 2012. After waiting for a while I decided to contact them and here is what i have gone through trying to get them to replace the right wing of the plane which arrived damaged and some missing parts to the plane.

I have attached all of my email ticket communications with them. I have photos of the damage which i will post later for anyone that is interested.

So after more than 4 months I am still with an airplane I cannot fly and out $243.92.

I have heard many stories like this one b4 but did NOT believe them until now!!!

So now I have switched to NITROPLANES and i am on my 3rd order and they ship within a day and the items arrive in PERFECT condition. I am in the beginning of the process of taking Hobby King to court. I have just gone to the court house to find out how to do this, since they are in California and i am in Georgia.

I will keep you posted.
datasys is offline Find More Posts by datasys
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:24 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined May 2010
216 Posts
Bummer all the way around. Let us know how things work out on the legal front as there are others that are likely interested.
weimer20 is offline Find More Posts by weimer20
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:27 PM
United States, MI, Waterford
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
Hobby king story

Im going thru my own horror story with Hobby King, the shipped my parts to some store in Washington state (I live in Michigan)
Paid for a second shipping and I'm still posting emails to support giving them the same information over and over again.
Still no parts no refunds.
I've ordered before but if you run into problems you just tossed your money out the door.
Go Somewhere Anywhere else but not Hobby King
blackden59 is offline Find More Posts by blackden59
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:29 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
Noice bump. I guess if you select you want something shipped to Washington for free pickup then thats where it will end up (this place still needs a "shrugs"smiley)

Wonders how the OP went.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:59 AM
Joined Mar 2010
147 Posts
I have a feeling that with HK, the SOP should be: first sign of trouble - open a PayPal dispute and that's it.
mixerfix is offline Find More Posts by mixerfix
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackden59 View Post
Im going thru my own horror story with Hobby King, the shipped my parts to some store in Washington state (I live in Michigan)
Paid for a second shipping and I'm still posting emails to support giving them the same information over and over again.
I've ordered before but if you run into problems you just tossed your money out the door.
Remember, if you used Paypal you only have 45 days to open a dispute.
Don't waste any more time dealing with their incompetent CS.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Mar 2010
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
Remember, if you used Paypal you only have 45 days to open a dispute.
Don't waste any more time dealing with their incompetent CS.
I partially disagree. Waste SOME time - but no more than a week or two then OPEN a dispute.

And - especially important - do NOT close the dispute even if promised the proverbial 72 virgins of the muslim paradise. Close the dispute only after you were able to satisfactorily check these same 72 virgins :-). I.e. do NOT believe their promises!
mixerfix is offline Find More Posts by mixerfix
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:59 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackden59 View Post
The place you are talking about occurs when you select local pickup instead of the correct shipping option. Is that what happened? Just make sure if you shop anywhere online to use paypal as they usually have your back in situations like these. I hope they get you sorted!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut