HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:11 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfellow View Post
Hello, I'm happy with my V911 but I understand that it has a gyro which stabelizes it in the yaw axis.
Yes it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfellow View Post
If that is correct why do I have to keep adjusting the dirrectional (rudder) trim as the battery discharges? Vince
It's imperfect and built to a very affordable price.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:33 PM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Malua Bay
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
When my tail starts to wag i know its time to land. I get less the 1 minute of flying between the wag and being unflyable (i fly outdoors and live coastal so its pretty breezy). Most my nasty crashes are because the tail has wagged while FFF banking back towards me in the wind and not having sufficient volts to punch out of it.

Best advice would be to buy more batteries. Your V911 gyro is obviously undervolting to lost its Heading hold. we all know undervolting electronics makes them unhappy. and in helis that equals crashes.

Thanks for all the handy info Daryoon, Ill be purchasing the Y911 as its got superior flight parts.

Might look at the before mentioned 9116 TX, seems everyone is happy with the twitchy rudder cure they supply (correct me if im wrong)

For some reason my stock v911 TX doesnt flip from mode 1 to mode 2 when the silver button is pressed nor does it change the amount of shaded in main rotors on the LCD, but it DEFINENTLY switched the rate channel as the bird really wakes up. It also only shows 1 bar of battery life in the TX when ive checked the batteries on my multimetre and they are VERY healthy.
Diablos is offline Find More Posts by Diablos
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:37 AM
United States, OK, Goldsby
Joined Jul 2012
456 Posts
v911 battery holder images...

T-mart just shipped me the wrong bnf v911 (new instead of old battery holder). In dealing with it, they asked for pictures of the wrong parts. I don't recall having seen these in the thread (it is a long thread, so I may have missed them), but thought I'd post them on the off chance they might still be useful.

Is there any chance any of my blade m* batteries will work in this thing?
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Broke my flybar and need a fast replacement while my banggood gear is shipped.
I can pick this up locally here in Australia but i dont know if it will fit.

i cant find any other flybar that looks like it will fit at HK in the AUS warehoouse. Have a look its a SoloPro FP II flybar.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...lybar_Set.html
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:54 AM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Blade batteries fit nicely in the old style skids, the connector is different so that has to be changed. Old skids bolt up to the new birds. If the blades on your v911 say A1/B1 (maybe A1/A2?) then you have the newest version with an improved head and blade design. You can always swap skids to run whatever batteries you want.

Diablo, it looks very close but if they have it locally why not try it out yourself? I'm sure they'll let you test fit it before you buy it.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
i thought the same thing but its like 10km each way. so if any one could confirm it would really help me.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:23 AM
Cohoes, NY
Joined Sep 2002
38 Posts
Transmitter question-- what is the range of the V911? Can I use it with ANY BNF plane or heli?
I can't imagine flying my little whirlybird out very far, but a fixed wing plane might be fun (or is it not politically correct to say that here... ;-) )
Brewerpaul is offline Find More Posts by Brewerpaul
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:57 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
I see no reason for the battery redesign. No reason to make a product just bought weeks ago outdated.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
i thought the same thing but its like 10km each way. so if any one could confirm it would really help me.

Mate I assume that because 10kms is too far for you you don't have your license yet! Back in my day young fella we would ride through the wind and rain 10kms just to buy a 5 cent bag of lollies from the deli.... With a head wind both ways!!

seriously... Do you have/ able to use a bicycle? It not that far!
Picko990 is offline Find More Posts by Picko990
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
I see no reason for the battery redesign. No reason to make a product just bought weeks ago outdated.
Hear hear!! I prefer the old style anyway... much more stable in the skids, even taking into account the "new, new" design.
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:23 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
Blade batteries fit nicely in the old style skids, the connector is different so that has to be changed.
Is the blade battery turned in the same direction, or does it plug in at the back end of the heli after modding?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:33 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hear hear!! I prefer the old style anyway... much more stable in the skids, even taking into account the "new, new" design.
Has anyone else noticed the price increase? Not really seeing any gain in the "new" version over the "old" unbreakable design that I have never had an issue with (except now finding batteries).
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,827 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed the price increase? Not really seeing any gain in the "new" version over the "old" unbreakable design that I have never had an issue with (except now finding batteries).
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-46387.html

That's what I always buy and they're over 4usd cheaper than the 5-pack 145mAh for some reason

Edit: I suppose the obvious advantage is that to replace the new skids, as long as the battery plug is still ok you don't need any soldering skills, whereas you have to solder the battery leads of the old ones onto the pcb.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tiggertoo1962; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:52 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Really? The reason is called SALES revenue ... obviously, the sales of the "base product" are starting to slow after one year and about a million clones, so they need to find a way to make up for the revenue lost on heli numbers ... ergo: force people to buy a bunch of new, proprietary (like before!!!) batteries and you will soften the blow to the sales revenues total ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Said this before, say it again - I think it is a MAJOR PITA that those guys keep on
glueing the front skid post into the frame instead of just sticking it in there or changing it to a screw like they did with the back skid post. If they did NOT, even I would be able to fit the bird with "decent" skids (why is this possible on an SP270, but not a V911??? -like here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=243 )

Those black airtime skids would be awesome on the 911 ... but the glued front post makes this a real real REAL FPITA to achieve!!!

oh, and btw tigg, the H911 "has landed" ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Said this before, say it again - I think it is a MAJOR PITA that those guys keep on
glueing the front skid post into the frame instead of just sticking it in there or changing it to a screw like they did with the back skid post. If they did NOT, even I would be able to fit the bird with "decent" skids (why is this possible on an SP270, but not a V911??? -like here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=243 )
Those black airtime skids would be awesome on the 911 ... but the glued front post makes this a real real REAL FPITA to achieve!!!
Gotta be honest e2, none of my skids are glued in at the front so I'd be really interested in finding out where you got these amazing skids, how the battery is held under them, and whether that's a blade connector you have soldered on? If your skids ARE glued on, wouldn't chopping the post off flush and drilling be a viable option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
oh, and btw tigg, the H911 "has landed" ...
Amazing The beers are sitting on the bar as soon as you make it over to sunny Nürnberg Kumpel
RCG Plus Member