Bump
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2014, 02:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
39 Posts
Fpv 400 ?

Simple question guys,

Am I right in thinking the new Walkera FPV 400 is really just a 400D with a video camera on it ?
Boris13 is offline Find More Posts by Boris13
Old Oct 01, 2014, 02:52 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris13 View Post
Simple question guys,

Am I right in thinking the new Walkera FPV 400 is really just a 400D with a video camera on it ?
as far as I can see it, YES! (but if its FPV, it will also have a TX with monitor I'd say)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Oct 01, 2014, 06:26 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
Yes, it sure looks as if they've just slapped a camera underneath. I guess any of us could have done the same thing on our own. I thought they were just going to shelve the beast and we'd never see it again.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 07:40 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
Bump. Even a camera addition hasn't brought new owners?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 09:38 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
If I remember right, I think the FPV 400 has been out for quite some time, but never went over very well. I would have to look back on the thread, but I believe someone had brought it up when it first came out. This is just my opinion, but I think it would be hard to fly the 400 with FPV. Even though it is a very stable helicopter it would be very tough to fly FPV. There are too many variables that can affect a coaxial helicopter. If it had the stability of a quad, then there would be no problem, it could fly itself back home!
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Oct 27, 2014, 09:47 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
Agreed. Now we head for the 7 months of hibernation.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 07:38 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
I had to do a search to find this thread again. Happy Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 08:18 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I had to do a search to find this thread again. Happy Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving too ...

... and that proves what? Sadly, the L400 is dead ... (I still have my dead ones in storage ...)
Hard to believe how obsolete a little technological "miracle" can become in such a short time ( "only" two years ...)
But the breakneck speed of the evolution of the RC market has rendered this heli ... well - like I said - obsolete
I think you call that an atavism now ???

Even Flyeraroo has his in the classifieds ...

(and I have a box of Skytec tuning parts ... also in storage ... )

But sooner or later "we all have to face the music" - the RC market has moved on to other "hot" items (I remember, the L400 once actually was ..)

Take a look at the FX070C thread - you will see what I mean (single rotor about the same size - actually slightly bigger - scale fuselage, flybarless, half the price of a new L400 and they are working on adapting it to deviationtx compatibility)

Me, I dont go out flying anyway, so I moved on to first the cheapo flybar single rotors (V911) and now the single rotor flybarless HFP100 V2 (which is allmost as easy to fly as the V911) and now just a last week hover training with a V977 (mCPX size cheapo CP)

I can only say to all the "old guys" (in terms of membership here, not actual age!! ... ...) try a HFP100V2 RTF (is about 65$ shipped) for indoors ... and you will probably have a new favorite ... ...

(My YT channel is full with videos that document my way ever since I stopped playing with the L400 ... which was just tooo big to fly in our (THEN) storage room ...)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:55 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving too ...

... and that proves what? Sadly, the L400 is dead ... (I still have my dead ones in storage ...)
Hard to believe how obsolete a little technological "miracle" can become in such a short time ( "only" two years ...)
But the breakneck speed of the evolution of the RC market has rendered this heli ... well - like I said - obsolete
I think you call that an atavism now ???

Even Flyeraroo has his in the classifieds ...

(and I have a box of Skytec tuning parts ... also in storage ... )

But sooner or later "we all have to face the music" - the RC market has moved on to other "hot" items (I remember, the L400 once actually was ..)

Take a look at the FX070C thread - you will see what I mean (single rotor about the same size - actually slightly bigger - scale fuselage, flybarless, half the price of a new L400 and they are working on adapting it to deviationtx compatibility)

Me, I dont go out flying anyway, so I moved on to first the cheapo flybar single rotors (V911) and now the single rotor flybarless HFP100 V2 (which is allmost as easy to fly as the V911) and now just a last week hover training with a V977 (mCPX size cheapo CP)

I can only say to all the "old guys" (in terms of membership here, not actual age!! ... ...) try a HFP100V2 RTF (is about 65$ shipped) for indoors ... and you will probably have a new favorite ... ...

(My YT channel is full with videos that document my way ever since I stopped playing with the L400 ... which was just tooo big to fly in our (THEN) storage room ...)
The 400 may be obsolete, but I will fly them until I can no longer find parts. That's just the way I fly! (and that's pun intended!)
The Lama 400D has won my heart, and I love working with them, and of course flying them. I just wish I had more opportunities to fly them. Even my plane flying was limited this summer due to weather. (wind)
I have (5) 400D's, so that is why you see a couple listed in the classifieds. I have a blue one that will be joining them in the near future. I also have enough spare parts on hand to build another one, but will hang onto them until needed. I am starting to pick up more flying time indoors again now, since winter has set in. My flying space is much smaller now due to added storage, so it sure would be nice to find a gym close by that would allow indoor flying. I don't mind outdoor winter flying when the conditions are right, but I'm starting to get soft in my old age and can't take the cold like I used to.
Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys out there! Keep fly'in them L400's!!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 03:03 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,997 Posts
It isn't just a comment on the 400D, in the whole coax forum, there are only 15 threads listed!!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 05:28 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
It isn't just a comment on the 400D, in the whole coax forum, there are only 15 threads listed!!
OK, so why is the coax forum so important to you? If it is, keep on posting! (but not "bump")
Coaxes were the ideal entry level helis a few years back. In the mean time companies have managed to come up with stuff that is as easy or even easier than coaxes - without their drawbacks and for lower prices - those are mainly "toy" quads ... and people just are all over them.
That novelty factor WILL wear off some day too and then quads will find less of a hype than they do now ...
A coax is kind of an "exotic" heli, with a lot of complicated rotor assembly to take care of, even more so, once you get into CP or double swash coaxes ... and there are not that many people who find that as interesting as for example I do ... and nonetheless I spend basically all my time on FP (and now a bit of CP) helis with only ONE (main) rotor ...
There are beautiful, interesting coaxes ... but its always about a LOT of money - just look at the stuff from sov.-tech. (the helibaby guys) ... OR the Walkera ECO500 ... OR the Skytec DSS ... OR the Terix450 stuff ... always way more cost than the entry level el cheapo chinese FP and CP birds ...

this stuff evolves all the time, but sadly, coaxes will be a "niche market" for ... oddballs??? ... or freaks ??? ???

Anyway, as a kind of heli I {b]LOVE[/b] coaxes ..,. but this will not change anything about the fact that the coax forum will probably keep on getting less traffic ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2014, 02:28 AM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
OK, so why is the coax forum so important to you? If it is, keep on posting! (but not "bump")
Coaxes were the ideal entry level helis a few years back. In the mean time companies have managed to come up with stuff that is as easy or even easier than coaxes - without their drawbacks and for lower prices - those are mainly "toy" quads ... and people just are all over them.
That novelty factor WILL wear off some day too and then quads will find less of a hype than they do now ...
A coax is kind of an "exotic" heli, with a lot of complicated rotor assembly to take care of, even more so, once you get into CP or double swash coaxes ... and there are not that many people who find that as interesting as for example I do ... and nonetheless I spend basically all my time on FP (and now a bit of CP) helis with only ONE (main) rotor ...
There are beautiful, interesting coaxes ... but its always about a LOT of money - just look at the stuff from sov.-tech. (the helibaby guys) ... OR the Walkera ECO500 ... OR the Skytec DSS ... OR the Terix450 stuff ... always way more cost than the entry level el cheapo chinese FP and CP birds ...

this stuff evolves all the time, but sadly, coaxes will be a "niche market" for ... oddballs??? ... or freaks ??? ???

Anyway, as a kind of heli I {b]LOVE[/b] coaxes ..,. but this will not change anything about the fact that the coax forum will probably keep on getting less traffic ...
the coax forum is getting smaller.. too bad because the coax is a more efficient design than a single rotor with 100% of it power going to lift and or thrust, they have the potential to be very high performers, specially with dual swash or partial CP..
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Old Nov 29, 2014, 07:06 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcmac View Post
the coax forum is getting smaller.. too bad because the coax is a more efficient design than a single rotor with 100% of it power going to lift and or thrust, they have the potential to be very high performers, specially with dual swash or partial CP..
... just like in the REAL world ...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2014, 05:03 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
RX2419 receiver

I ran an ad in the classifieds, and thought I would post here also. I am looking for a RX 2419 receiver which are installed in the 400, 400D, EC135 helicopters. I want it in working order with the antenna wire intact. So if you guys have one that you want to get rid of send me a pm.