HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Can't decide which plane!?!
Dynam 50" Waco 5 55.56%
Dynam 50" FW-190 4 44.44%
Dynam 70mm EDF ME-262 2 22.22%
RocHobby 42" Strega P-51 5 55.56%
RocHobby 43.3" Super Corsair 3 33.33%
RocHobby 43" Critical Mass Sea Fury 3 33.33%
Parkzone 37" S.E.5a 3 33.33%
Other: Please post other option. 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 10, 2014, 09:42 AM
Cobra Driver
United States, NC, Hurdle Mills
Joined Dec 2005
358 Posts
Discussion
Thinking of getting a new plane!

I'm thinking about getting a new plane in the next couple of weeks.
But which one?
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which one . So please feel free to post your experiences with any of these planes as well as recommendations.

Mainly I'm looking at foam parkflyers that utilize either 3S or 4S Li-pos. I've been flying for approximately 9 years and have a decent bit of experience in both building and flying. I'm just looking for something that I can just throw in the back of the car or truck when I don't feel like dragging out the big stuff and all the support equipment that goes with them.

Here are what I'm looking at currently:
Dynam 50" Waco
Dynam 50" FW-190
Dynam 70mm EDF ME-262
RocHobby 42" Strega P-51
RocHobby 43.3" Super Corsair
RocHobby 43" Critical Mass Sea Fury
Parkzone 37" S.E.5a

Thanks in advance!

Trinity
RedTwilight is offline Find More Posts by RedTwilight
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:32 PM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
1,798 Posts
I've seen that ME 262 fly at one of my fields. Very light. And scale looking.

Tough foam.
thosmosis is offline Find More Posts by thosmosis
Old Dec 10, 2014, 03:28 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
1,953 Posts
The Dynam Waco is a great choice (i have had mine for about a year & 3 months now & have over 150 flights on it (it is still one of my favorites).

I just started looking at the RocHobby Super Corsair, but i haven't seen one where i fly yet.

I forgot to mention this: A friend has the Dynam ME-262 & doesn't care much for it (Kinda slow & very short run times)
I was thinking about buying one until i saw his fly.
The Freewing Me-262 is a far better plane, but more expensive & it requires 6 cell 5000 mah batteries.
I saw one fly & it is really amazing & also more scale than the Dynam (the Dynam engine Nacelles are too big)
I would have one already, but i don't want to buy more expensive batteries right now.
Clive66 is offline Find More Posts by Clive66
Last edited by Clive66; Dec 10, 2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:03 PM
STOP! I can't take any more.
United States, MN, Eden Prairie
Joined Oct 2008
1,360 Posts
You have an ME 262 and an SE5a among the other diverse selections. Does this mean you don’t care what you get as long as someone else chooses for you?
I have flown the P-51 and the SE5 with equal enjoyment. Maybe you will have to buy more than one for your next plane.

David
Rhea is offline Find More Posts by Rhea
Old Dec 11, 2014, 06:17 AM
Cobra Driver
Joined Dec 2005
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
You have an ME 262 and an SE5a among the other diverse selections. Does this mean you donít care what you get as long as someone else chooses for you?
I have flown the P-51 and the SE5 with equal enjoyment. Maybe you will have to buy more than one for your next plane.

David
This is merely what I have narrowed the list down to. I'm looking for experiences from others that have owned, flown, or seen these planes fly to help narrow down my choices. Both Pros and Cons.

Yes my list is rather diverse! LOL But I guess so am I!
And with the temptation I may end up getting more than one! I might get the S.E.5a anyway since it is discontinued and I know where 2 are available. Then end up also getting one of the others as well.

If there was another cropduster model available I'd jump all over it. I already have the Dynam C188 AgWagon.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 08:10 AM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,340 Posts
The Dynam Waco is the most fun, best flying airplane I have owned. Looks great in the air and if you look at the photos in the thread you will see it is great for painting and doing other mods.

Ken
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Dec 11, 2014, 09:30 AM
"Champ'ion Newb"
Joined Sep 2013
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTwilight View Post
This is merely what I have narrowed the list down to. I'm looking for experiences from others that have owned, flown, or seen these planes fly to help narrow down my choices. Both Pros and Cons.

Yes my list is rather diverse! LOL But I guess so am I!
And with the temptation I may end up getting more than one! I might get the S.E.5a anyway since it is discontinued and I know where 2 are available. Then end up also getting one of the others as well.

If there was another cropduster model available I'd jump all over it. I already have the Dynam C188 AgWagon.
Oh, man. I would love to have the 188. How do you like it?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:38 PM
Cobra Driver
Joined Dec 2005
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosmosis View Post
Oh, man. I would love to have the 188. How do you like it?
I hadn't had the chance to maiden it yet. Maybe I can get to it this weekend. But it is a nicely done plane. Which has lead me to look at other Dynam planes. I like it so much that I've started designing and about to start the build of a Grumman G-164 B AgCat in the same scale to go along with it.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:03 PM
Tree hopper
United States, TN, Dresden
Joined Sep 2013
4,779 Posts
H9 Valiant ...... This is going to be mine.
gabe221 is online now Find More Posts by gabe221
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Color Changing
Old Dec 12, 2014, 09:30 AM
"Champ'ion Newb"
Joined Sep 2013
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe221 View Post
H9 Valiant ...... This is going to be mine.
Wow! I just had to look that thing up. I only have foam planes. Started with Balsa many years ago, but didn't have the time. And didn't get very far. But I think this was before laser cut balsa. Not sure. There are so many cool balsa models, that I know that I am going to start working on something once I have the garage built.

When are you getting the Valiant?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 01:12 PM
United States, IN, Hebron
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
The Dynam Waco is nice but also look at the Roc Waco.
Sheddiver is offline Find More Posts by Sheddiver
Old Dec 12, 2014, 05:54 PM
Tree hopper
United States, TN, Dresden
Joined Sep 2013
4,779 Posts
After the new year, when money starts to fall back in my pockets. I'm looking forward to it.
gabe221 is online now Find More Posts by gabe221
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Color Changing