SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2015, 07:00 PM
Joined May 2014
32 Posts
Alright I have an idea of what I can try.

I ordered a few extra parts from Hoverthings and the orange silicone bobbins from GetFPV.

I'll post pictures when I'm done.
D3M4R5 is offline Find More Posts by D3M4R5
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2015, 08:33 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
PResently my 4S 4000mAh battery is attached to the bottom and the APM FC is installed between the main plate and the top plate as many other Flips I see on the web. I would like to change the config and put the battery inside the frame, however it is two big and heavy to have both the battery and the APM inside. I'm wondering if it is possible to install the APM on the top plate. Ok it will not be protected but could it affect the quad behaviour? This config will look more compact and aerodynamic.
JustMeandMyself is offline Find More Posts by JustMeandMyself
Old Feb 03, 2015, 08:39 AM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeandMyself View Post
PResently my 4S 4000mAh battery is attached to the bottom and the APM FC is installed between the main plate and the top plate as many other Flips I see on the web. I would like to change the config and put the battery inside the frame, however it is two big and heavy to have both the battery and the APM inside. I'm wondering if it is possible to install the APM on the top plate. Ok it will not be protected but could it affect the quad behaviour? This config will look more compact and aerodynamic.
I've got a Pixhawk (even bigger) and 4S 3300mah battery inside the frame. Just move the APM forward. The controllers distance from the CG is not that important, so it shouldn't make a noticeable difference where you place it.
cmanley_nl is offline Find More Posts by cmanley_nl
Old Feb 03, 2015, 10:10 AM
Joined Oct 2013
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanley_nl View Post
I've got a Pixhawk (even bigger) and 4S 3300mah battery inside the frame. Just move the APM forward. The controllers distance from the CG is not that important, so it shouldn't make a noticeable difference where you place it.
Hm, I have both and the pix is not always bigger then every APM out there. At least my APM is the same size.

Apart from that AFAIK it does matter to place it as close as can be to the CG. Nevertheless if it will do or not I will place it in the middle anyways just as the GPS.

I have a 5000 4S below. Suits fine to me
Genivos is online now Find More Posts by Genivos
Old Feb 03, 2015, 10:49 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
I have read, on Arducopter website that FC out of CoG by a few centimeters is not an issue. However I would feel more comfortable putting it on the top plate, in the center, as it will be around the same level as the propeller plan. I just found a picture of someone using a small CF plate with 4 standoffs to protect the APM (not on a Flip).
I could also install the battery in a way its weight would dampen vibrations on the top plate (using some foam...).
JustMeandMyself is offline Find More Posts by JustMeandMyself
Old Feb 03, 2015, 11:01 AM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Apr 2014
72 Posts
My Flip FPV almost head-on to a mini quad at a local park;

You can see the my flip on the opposite direction on this 90 second vid.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152909131258891
I've abused this quad extensively, and it keeps on flying. I am really impressed.
hskb is offline Find More Posts by hskb
Old Feb 03, 2015, 12:38 PM
Joined Oct 2013
103 Posts
Cool video that! That was close
Genivos is online now Find More Posts by Genivos
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:59 PM
Hey ya'll watch this
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2005
311 Posts
Waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer to remaiden. I swapped the witespy Ez3 pro for the ET Vector and mounted the fatshark p&t where the gopro was.
Stealdesk is offline Find More Posts by Stealdesk
Old Mar 05, 2015, 09:56 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,478 Posts
For Sale $300 - Sold!

Hoverthings Flip FPV Pro with Naza Lite GPS receiver ready; tuning flights only.

motors: RTFQ 1050kv
ESCs: RTFQ 20amp Flashed
No Rx included.
CONUS only.

Update- Extra sets of props & 3s 3700mah lipos included (used).
Buyer pays for shipping.
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Last edited by LVSloper; Mar 06, 2015 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Sold
Old Mar 22, 2015, 07:22 AM
Rchelistuff
Romania, AR, Arad
Joined Nov 2012
705 Posts
Chillin :)

Heya
A relaxing Saturday morning flight with my Flip Fpv Pro-G...enjoy

Saturday morning fpv fun (Flip Fpv Pro-G) (7 min 23 sec)
cofl10011 is offline Find More Posts by cofl10011
Old Mar 23, 2015, 01:20 PM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
530 Posts
I maidened my Flip FPV Pro-G a few days ago, did an autotune with Pixhawk and it flies great. Nice and locked in.

The only problem I'm having is with the gimbal: I can't get it to stop shaking on the roll axis when I fly forward. If anybody can recommend a gimbal, board and settings that simply work, I'd appreciate that very much.

I've tried several things to fix it, but I still haven't been successful. I'm not sure what to aim for: increasing/decreasing motor power, P gain, I gain, D gain.

I'm using the recommended gimbal and this gimbal controller:
Quanum Micro AlexMos Brushless Gimbal Controller 2-Axis Kit Basecam (SimpleBGC)

Here is a video displaying the shaking that happens in fast flight, especially after 1:20:
FLIP FPV Pro G gimbal test (1 min 30 sec)
cmanley_nl is offline Find More Posts by cmanley_nl
Last edited by cmanley_nl; Mar 23, 2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 05:43 PM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Apr 2014
72 Posts
Hi Tom - the Flip Designer,

I would like to request for Side Plates on Flip Frames to strengthen them (Flying Cinetank came up with the idea i think, and now qav500 is follow up).

I have the cinetank mk ii, and i think the Side Plates is a great idea. It stiffs up the fame really well.

I just recently ordered the Flip XL arms and other things directly from hoverthings, and may have to find some aluminum tube from Home Depot to put on the sides for this purpose.
hskb is offline Find More Posts by hskb