HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2014, 03:19 PM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Help!
ESC not initializing

Hi there
I have scratch built a model and the receiver i am using is a Ar6115e but it was losing signal while i was flying so i switched an AR400 out of another plane and i connect it all up and all the servos work except my esc does not initialize it just beeps!!
Anyway I thought the rx was fried so i connected it up to another esc and it works just fine! so then I thought it was the esc so I connected up a different rx and it works so it is not the esc and not the rx.
Also all my trims and sub trims and throttle stick is at 0.
Pls HELP!!!
Thanks
Alex
astoc16 is offline Find More Posts by astoc16
Last edited by astoc16; Jul 01, 2014 at 03:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2014, 05:12 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2013
613 Posts
Make sure the polarity is correct for the servo leads going into the receiver. Also make sure the throttle stick is all the way down.
Seattlehiker is offline Find More Posts by Seattlehiker
Old Jul 02, 2014, 01:55 AM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
tks but i have tried that
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:50 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,552 Posts
Try putting the throttle trim all the way down as well. If it still doesn't work, try putting the lower throttle end point further to the 125% mark.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jul 05, 2014, 05:59 AM
Joined Aug 2013
627 Posts
I am not sure if this is the receiver that has this problem, but I have read in these threads that some receivers take so long to initialize that the ESC does not see a valid throttle signal and will give the warning for no receiver hooked up. If you have a receiver battery available, try using that to power the receiver. You will have to temporarily pull the red wire out of your ESC to receiver plug to do this.

The procedure would be to power up the receiver and wait for it to start working. Then connect the power battery for the motor. If it works this way then you will have your answer. I do not remember what the permanent workaround for this problem was. Maybe try unplugging the battery after the first time it starts beeping and plug it back in real quick.
Mike Dubovsky is offline Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
Old Jul 05, 2014, 01:33 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,359 Posts
You might set all to zero and rebind. Not sure about all radios, but with Tactic if you have a rec
that was used on another plane they will not allow the throttle to work sometimes, It is part
of the fail safe system I think.

It has happened several times and Brad called Hobbico tech service and they told us it was
normal and to just rebind when using a different ESC.

Also, when changing ESC, rec, you need to plug the battery in with the throttle at 100%, trim
0, then close the throttle to zero. Rebind and it sets the throttle limits, Then unplug the battery,
plug it back in and rebind, this sets the fail safe.. For Tactic, not sure about others.
Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:17 PM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
yes,Make sure the polarity is correct for the servo leads going into the receiver. Also make sure the throttle stick is all the way down.
nickswhlos is offline Find More Posts by nickswhlos
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:39 PM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
i have made sure the polarity is correct!