Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeath View Post
HI, some days ago I lost my quad
Guys recommend me some motors and control board (cheap and good) for X525 Frame
Thank you ...
Rctimer is selling multiwii lite at $12. I bought one just because of price..
GTiDonavan is offline Find More Posts by GTiDonavan
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
HI, some days ago I lost my quad
Guys recommend me some motors and control board (cheap and good) for X525 Frame
Thank you ...
A2212 cheap motors off ebay etc working well on my x525. They $11 each and carry a full load of fpv equipment with 1045 props.
How did u loose your quad?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
MultiWii_2_11:38: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'void'
MultiWii_2_11:55: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'const'
MultiWii_2_11.ino: In function 'void loop()':
MultiWii_2_11:926: error: 'computeIMU' was not declared in this scope
Serial.ino: In function 'void evaluateCommand()':
Serial:304: error: 'boxnames' was not declared in this scope

Compile error... I cant work this 1 out
Any Help would be great
You need to copy and overwrite the libraries folder from the firmware you downloaded to the aduino libraries folder. Thats what solved the " not declared...." errors for me anyway..

Look for Jumpy's megapirate beginners guide. He explains it best step by step. Will also make sense for multiwii flashing. Definitely the best manual ive seen by far.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiDonavan View Post
A2212 cheap motors off ebay etc working well on my x525. They $11 each and carry a full load of fpv equipment with 1045 props.
How did u loose your quad?
It flew away, and I didn't find it
MrDeath is offline Find More Posts by MrDeath
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
Free flight nice like 3D to!
Israel, Jerusalem
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
After a long fight with my board I must say I'm exhausted!
My question is why when I'm not upload the arducopter in the mission planner in my board my gps and the eccel work in the MP, but when I upload the arducopter my board also cant connect to the MP.
Because of this that I couldn't check the motors

Please help me.
amitalx is offline Find More Posts by amitalx
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,739 Posts
Quote:
It flew away, and I didn't find it
that happened to me one day .....wind grabbed my x400 took it behind a tree out of my view .by the time i ran around that tree it was nowhere to be seen .i was in a panick ,i was at the high school .thought it was on the roof .

well i walked around awhile with transmitter in hand and guess what?i could hear the whine of the motors .like a high pitch whine ,i could hear it but not see it .i kept walking towards the sound ,walking towards the sound,i was getting closer ,now i was real close .i started looking around and there it was hung up in a tall bush aside the road .i could barely reach it so i shook the bush until it got low enough for me to grab .

i was bumming there for awhile ,so i feel your pain .

on your next one get yourself a lost plane alarm .(hhaha i should talk..lol)wire it to a extra channel and you can set it off by your remote .
helizrnew2me is online now Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
Some time ago I reported here that I've lost my quad. It just flew so far that I couldn't tell the orientation and couldn't bring it back. I realized that the only solution would be a GPS with a 'return to home' feature. If you are not in a wide open field but in an area where there are houses, when the quad is down, I abandon it. Don't want to get sued because someone claims I damaged his roof or his car.
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:44 AM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
Some time ago I reported here that I've lost my quad. It just flew so far that I couldn't tell the orientation and couldn't bring it back. I realized that the only solution would be a GPS with a 'return to home' feature. If you are not in a wide open field but in an area where there are houses, when the quad is down, I abandon it. Don't want to get sued because someone claims I damaged his roof or his car.
Same thing ....

BTW, Which is better to buy, MutiWii LE or SE ? (I had SE) but now I'm think what to buy, I just need to make a stable copter...
What you recommend guys ?
Thx in advice.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:19 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Same thing ....

BTW, Which is better to buy, MutiWii LE or SE ? (I had SE) but now I'm think what to buy, I just need to make a stable copter...
What you recommend guys ?
Thx in advice.
How can you guy lose orientation with a magnetometer ???

Just fix the heading via magnetometer ... and there is not any more orientation problem.

RCtimer has mega discounted price ... I think you don't need to be a brainer ... for order: 28$ http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...1&productname= ... if orientation is your issue ... else for FPV ... for 11$ http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...2&productname=

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Jan 2005
413 Posts
e_lm_70, when the quad is small it doesn't take long for it to be unrecognizable and you just don't know if you have it coming to you or going away from you. If you don't believe me try it out. Let it fly about 400m or 1200' away from you. Make it spin and than bring it back home. Do it down wind, which is what had happened to me since it was pushed away form me by the wind.

MrDeath, I'll go with the lite version, unless you think you'll need the Baro and the Mag, which I don't think are needed if you'll use the GPS.
TigerPilot is offline Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:37 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
e_lm_70, when the quad is small it doesn't take long for it to be unrecognizable and you just don't know if you have it coming to you or going away from you. If you don't believe me try it out. Let it fly about 400m or 1200' away from you. Make it spin and than bring it back home. Do it down wind, which is what had happened to me since it was pushed away form me by the wind.

MrDeath, I'll go with the lite version, unless you think you'll need the Baro and the Mag, which I don't think are needed if you'll use the GPS.
You are not using the magnetometer

If I fly far away ... I keep the heading stuck by the magnetometer ..- you can even have a switch to set heading to a fix value

So .. when is far away ... just put the stick on my direction and it come back

Ps/: gps on multiwii works only with baro end magnetometer ... baro is used for alt holding in navigation mode ... magnetometer is used for check heading in navigation ...
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:52 PM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
What is the difference http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=

vs

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=
on ITG3205 three-axis digital gyroscope MPU6050 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit ?
Which is better ?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:24 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
What is the difference http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=

vs

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...2&productname=
on ITG3205 three-axis digital gyroscope MPU6050 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit ?
Which is better ?
They are same , both with 3gyro and 3acc ..

One is 4cm, the other 5cm
The 4cm version come with cables , so price difference is not much at the end

Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:31 PM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
88 Posts
But How about model of Chip gyro/accel ?