Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 05, 2011, 03:50 PM
United States, AL, Phenix City
Joined Oct 2009
46 Posts
Help!
Looking for indoor flying near Killeen, TX

Just moved to Killeen, TX. Its way to windy here to fly all my micros outdoors. Does anyone out there know of a group or club that has found a space to fly indoors???
rigmasterk is offline Find More Posts by rigmasterk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2011, 03:29 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
check your local gyms and towns recreational centers....thats how i found the ones near me......good luck!!!....Albert
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Feb 06, 2011, 10:49 AM
Joined Oct 2009
46 Posts
Ive been asking around, so far no luck. I figure someone on here has found a place. The main interest here is cars. The local hobby shop has tracks but they hardly have anything in the shop, all empty shelves!
Old Feb 06, 2011, 07:06 PM
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
Try asking at you LHS.If nothing yet try calling all your area gyms,there must be a group getting together somewhere for sure...........Albert
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:17 AM
Joined Oct 2009
46 Posts
asked around, lhs said people have been trying to find a place but cant get a place thats not worried about getting sued, its understandable, killeen is not a happy place. people here are crazy mean and looking for anyway to take advantage of everyone else to include purposfully trolling parking lots at high speeds and ramming into cars backing out of spaces. Thanks Albert for responding to my post.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:23 AM
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
No problem ,sorry to hear about all that going out down there.If you happen to come this way and can go on a tuesday,lmk so i can give you directions and get to meet you at our place here in Arlington,.....Albert
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Oct 2009
46 Posts
that would be awesome. unfortunatley work is about to keep me away for the next month, I'll be back in april for a few short months maybe then... until then I wont have access to internet so until april... what do I need to fly there? my ama just lapsed and was thinking about just getting the park flyers ama.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:42 AM
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigmasterk View Post
that would be awesome. unfortunatley work is about to keep me away for the next month, I'll be back in april for a few short months maybe then... until then I wont have access to internet so until april... what do I need to fly there? my ama just lapsed and was thinking about just getting the park flyers ama.
I have no AMA license and fly there every tuesday.You only need to pay the daily charge pf $6 for non resident members.But been thinking about getting an AMA license,going to ask the regulars about it next week.....