Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:28 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
alright guys, how long can you do a nose in hover for?

except losi. :P
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:30 AM
Bradford, UK
Joined Sep 2010
99 Posts
I'm learning nose and side-in orientations at the moment on the sim, and i'm finding nose-in quite a lot easier than side-in. Also, one side is a lot easier for me than the other, is this typical?

It's really hard being disciplined enough to stick to repeating the basic exercises, I keep wanting to go flying off or try a bit of inverted hovering before too long. This always ends with the heli in pieces, lol.

Pitchp: If you mean without crashing I reckon I could do a (virtual) pack ok. If you mean with it nailed to one spot I can probably manage half a minute before I go off for a wander!

In the real world, I'm still getting up the courage to try it out!
jagsta is offline Find More Posts by jagsta
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:30 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post

All day,,as i have said before,i take off and just go straight into nose in as i hate the back end of a heli,,it sucks,,i also land nose in
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:31 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,071 Posts
Quote:

20 seconds this morning and I am PROUD!!!

b
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:33 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
I have been doing inverted nose in the last few days on phoenix and putting the blades on the floor to hear the motor chuging and thats good fun.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:39 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsta View Post
I'm learning nose and side-in orientations at the moment on the sim, and i'm finding nose-in quite a lot easier than side-in. Also, one side is a lot easier for me than the other, is this typical?

It's really hard being disciplined enough to stick to repeating the basic exercises, I keep wanting to go flying off or try a bit of inverted hovering before too long. This always ends with the heli in pieces, lol.

Pitchp: If you mean without crashing I reckon I could do a (virtual) pack ok. If you mean with it nailed to one spot I can probably manage half a minute before I go off for a wander!

In the real world, I'm still getting up the courage to try it out!
sideins I have no problems, as i take off sidein most times. I need to change that. I keep forgetting what my mentor told me. :P she said always set your heli nose in for take off. Ohh I can land nose in, soft landing and hard landings with big flares. It's just I'm trying to nose in, but after about 2-3 mins, i don't know if it the heli or it's me, but it goes wonky, then I over correct then "crash" sim or real life, the same thing always happens
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:40 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,865 Posts
nose in no problem , tail in gives me problems sometimes. when i need to bail , i go nose in , i learned tail in but then went to nose in and get mixed up some times . its all clicking for me now just need more time .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:44 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
I can take off nose in, hover whole battery and land nose in... But, again, I'm in this hobby for a few years now.
clicky is online now Find More Posts by clicky
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:45 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
sideins I have no problems, as i take off sidein most times. I need to change that. I keep forgetting what my mentor told me. :P she said always set your heli nose in for take off. Ohh I can land nose in, soft landing and hard landings with big flares. It's just I'm trying to nose in, but after about 2-3 mins, i don't know if it the heli or it's me, but it goes wonky, then I over correct then "crash" sim or real life, the same thing always happens
This is only because you dont have a muscle memmory built up for nose in yet,,your controling the nose in with direct thinking and telling your fingers what to do next and your brain just gets tired and confused,,if you just do short nose ins and often like when you take off or before you land you will get to full auto hand movement,,muscle memmory
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:50 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
I have been doing inverted nose in the last few days on phoenix and putting the blades on the floor to hear the motor chuging and thats good fun.
ok MK, show me a recording with the sim speed set to 100% showing, with expos showing, stick movement, with 7 km winds! hah! for atleast 5 mins flight time. Am I asking too much?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:16 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
ok MK, show me a recording with the sim speed set to 100% showing, with expos showing, stick movement, with 7 km winds! hah! for atleast 5 mins flight time. Am I asking too much?
I will upload some inverted nose in and touching the floor with the blades for you tonight dude,,takes ages for me to upload though,,as for sim speed i only fly 100 percent,dont see it as cheating if you slow it down but i think it will ruin your heli skils,,i fly 500 in phoenix the other day and then went back to the 450 and it was a right handfull as my brain had slowed down for the 500,wont do it again lol,as for normal nose in it really isnt hard its just your not used to it,,in a few weeks you wont remember what all the fuss was about,,i couldnt do inverted but im getting my fingers around it,,its not perfect by any means but it is starting to feel quite controlable,
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:17 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Quote:

I can nose in indefinitely. I did it for 4 minutes the other day on my HK450. I stopped the hover and went back to flying when I got bored with it.

I practiced nose in on Phoenix for a week or two before trying it on my real chopper though.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:44 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
I can nose in indefinitely. I did it for 4 minutes the other day on my HK450. I stopped the hover and went back to flying when I got bored with it.

I practiced nose in on Phoenix for a week or two before trying it on my real chopper though.
I havnt seen the word CHOPPER for a long time dude,,was in an adult movie i think,,i down loaded those programs for fraps file conversion the other day and opened one up and there was way toooooo many boxes to tick so i couldnt be arsed with learning to do it so im back to long youtube upload time i guessjust got a laptop with geforce card in it and it says 153 mins to upload to youtube i will just let it do its thing i guess
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:47 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
This video was originally about 600 megs before conversion, after conversion to mpeg4 it was 8. Took me about 10 minutes to upload it. Notice it's still HD and there is no noticeable difference in quality if viewed at 720p.

Landing Practice P51 PhoenixRC 2010-11-02 (0 min 41 sec)

Edit:

Correction, apparently Youtube won't let you view that one in 720p. Not sure what the deal is there. Still looks great at 480 though.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:55 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
This video was originally about 600 megs before conversion, after conversion to mpeg4 it was 8. Took me about 10 minutes to upload it. Notice it's still HD and there is no noticeable difference in quality if viewed at 720p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lXSvSbIu98

Edit:

Correction, apparently Youtube won't let you view that one in 720p. Not sure what the deal is there. Still looks great at 480 though.
Nice,,i hate computer programs unless they are set up with an interface for stupid people,i hate spending ages working out what things to tick and do all the initial setups,i like a window for input file and a window for output file and then play one button monkey man to go