HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2006, 08:06 AM
Joined Oct 2006
41 Posts
Help!
Cmpro extra 330l- witch engine to buy?

thinking abot buying a ROTO 50 V2 for my Cmpro extra 330l.

Go or no go anyone?
windtec is offline Find More Posts by windtec
Last edited by windtec; Oct 12, 2006 at 10:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2006, 05:18 PM
Joined Oct 2006
41 Posts
I have a 26 year old webra bulley with tunepipe....36cc Standing in my supercub from hangar 9, a bit overpowered. Can i use the bulley in the extra?

The cub goes unlimited vertical with it.

Hmm..
Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:39 AM
Hungary
Joined Oct 2006
147 Posts
Hi Windtec,

I"m using this beauty with a Fuji 50 el.Its power is enough for traditional pattern flying not for hardcore 3D.The manual suggests at least a 40ccm gasser.Forget the glow stuff.Its simply not enough, and the feeling of a large gas engine is unbeatable.

Georg2
george2 is offline Find More Posts by george2
Old Oct 19, 2006, 03:25 PM
Joined Oct 2006
41 Posts
Wel, the bulley and the Roto 50 v2 is gassers, Got the Roto today, Nice 2 cyl boxer
Old Oct 21, 2006, 04:22 PM
Bigger Fly's Better.
Brisbane, Austraila
Joined Dec 2004
225 Posts
I would use the DA50 in it the plane is design for it a mate has the comp 2.3m 330L and fly’s very well with the DA50 and here is running the consist exhaust. I am currently putting a comp 2.6m together and I will be running the DA100 in it with consists exhaust.

Here some Spec

DA50
Displacement: 3.05 ci (50 cc)
Output: 5.0 hp
Weight: 2.94 lbs (1.33 kilos)
Weight w/Standoffs: 3.13 lbs (1.42 kilos)
Bore: 1.6771 in (42.6 mm)
Stroke: 1.3779 in (35 mm)
Length: 6.7 in (170 mm)

Damo
Pro Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pro Flyer
Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:14 PM
Joined Oct 2006
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Flyer
I would use the DA50 in it the plane is design for it a mate has the comp 2.3m 330L and fly’s very well with the DA50 and here is running the consist exhaust. I am currently putting a comp 2.6m together and I will be running the DA100 in it with consists exhaust.

Here some Spec

DA50
Displacement: 3.05 ci (50 cc)
Output: 5.0 hp
Weight: 2.94 lbs (1.33 kilos)
Weight w/Standoffs: 3.13 lbs (1.42 kilos)
Bore: 1.6771 in (42.6 mm)
Stroke: 1.3779 in (35 mm)
Length: 6.7 in (170 mm)

Damo
Whats wrong with the roto?

Allready instaled it!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:28 AM
Dunce!
Durham, UK
Joined Apr 2004
398 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with the ROTOs there just a lesser known engine thats all. There a fairly new engine company, i havent got much experience with the Rotos myself so not sure on its power.

The engine size for the Comp 2.3 is 50 - 70cc, so not too sure how much power you will have with that engine.

I also have a Comp 2.3 Extra, got a ZDZ 60 in mine (Cant afford DA, but ZDZ is just as good with the new RVJ range).

My mate also has a 2.3 extra, he has a ZDZ 80 in it, its got great power to weight however it makes the plane quite heavy so landing is a problem for him, he has to hit the wall and come out of it sharpish to slow down enough to land.

Like I say the Roto is just on the start of engine sizes, so it may not have the power to do 3D.

Let us know.

Cheers
v6focus is offline Find More Posts by v6focus
Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:46 PM
Joined Oct 2006
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6focus
Theres nothing wrong with the ROTOs there just a lesser known engine thats all. There a fairly new engine company, i havent got much experience with the Rotos myself so not sure on its power.

The engine size for the Comp 2.3 is 50 - 70cc, so not too sure how much power you will have with that engine.

I also have a Comp 2.3 Extra, got a ZDZ 60 in mine (Cant afford DA, but ZDZ is just as good with the new RVJ range).

My mate also has a 2.3 extra, he has a ZDZ 80 in it, its got great power to weight however it makes the plane quite heavy so landing is a problem for him, he has to hit the wall and come out of it sharpish to slow down enough to land.

Like I say the Roto is just on the start of engine sizes, so it may not have the power to do 3D.

Let us know.

Cheers
Ok...i have a cmp extra, not a comp...

Here is th the plane: http://www.cmpairplane.com/aerobatic...gasengine.html
Old Oct 26, 2006, 06:01 PM
Joined Oct 2006
41 Posts
Looks nice.

Starting it tomorrow
Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:55 AM
Dunce!
Durham, UK
Joined Apr 2004
398 Posts
Ah right that one sorry dont listen to me then.

The Roto will be fine, i think i got lost in Pro Flyers post for a minute, sorry.

Forgot about the CMP Extra "a dumb moment".

Lets use know what happens still though.
v6focus is offline Find More Posts by v6focus
Old Nov 06, 2006, 05:31 PM
Joined Oct 2006
41 Posts
Time too start the roto, and run inn the engine. How to do it? I always read engine manuals before use, and did so with the roto manual. but im still not sure

Funny English?:

Instruction for usage of two-stroke gasoline engine ROTO 35 V
Before the expedition each engine is tested and basicly tuned up. Before the first start of the engine it is necessery to dispose the engine to the used propeller and exhaust.

Foundations of the safe manipulation with the engine
Before any manipulation with the engine ROTO check the condition (do up - turn off)
The slowly rotation of the propeller can couse the ignition of the engine and consequential starting of the engine.
The model (prototype)must be fastened by the starting of the engine, because after the starting the model could move or the propeller could be hurt.
Be careful with the temperature of the engine. At the maximal performance each piece can achieve the temperature over 300 oC. Be careful of the burn with the touch.

Fuel

For the ROTO engines we recommend the fuel called Natural 95 mixed with the oil Motul 600 at the rate 1:50. We recommend to filter the mix before the use.

Correction and runing - in of the engine

Check, if the ignition is turned off, close the choke and with the rotating with the propeller intake the fuel into the carburettor. After the saturation of the engine do up the ignition and start the engine. If the engine stops, turn off the choke and start the engine again.
Set the nozzel with label H to the position, to be the feeding more plentiful and let the engine run at the raised freewheel cca 20 min.
After this process the engine should be basicly runned and you could approach to the mild blending of the maximal performance and turns. Set the full gas (highest performance) at the transmitter and with the rotating with the nozzel with label H set the engine at the maximal performance. With the rotating of the nozzel with label L set the freewheel and the turns.

With this process the engine would be setted!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 05:49 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,117 Posts
Im educated in Engrish, and have provided this translation for your convience.

Instruction for usage of your new ROTO 35 V two-stroke gasoline engine
Before each engine is shipped it has been started and tested. Before the first start of the engine it is necessery to install the exhaust and propellor.

Roto Safety Instructions
Before any manipulation with the ROTO engine check the ignition (turn on - turn off)
The slow rotation of the propeller can cause the ignition of the engine and consequential starting of the engine, if the ignition is on.
The airplane should be firmly anchored while starting the engine, because after the starting, the model could move or you could be hurt by the propellor.
Be careful with the temperature of the engine. At the maximum performance each piece can achieve the temperature over 300 oC. Be careful not to touch hot parts of the engine or you could be burned.

Fuel

For the ROTO engines we recommend the fuel called Natural 95 mixed with the oil Motul 600 at the rate 1:50. We recommend to filter the mix before use.

Starting and break-in of the engine

Check to make sure the ignition is turned off, close the choke and rotate the propellor to draw fuel into the carburator. Once the carburator has been saturated, turn on the ignition and start the engine. If the engine stops, turn off the choke and start the engine again.

Set the carburator adjustment labeled H(high) for a rich mixture and let the engine run at this setting for 20 min.
After the 20 min break-in run, it is now ready to adjust for flight.

Give it full throttle from the transmitter and rotate the carburator adjustment labeled H to set the high speed throttle.
Lower the throttle on the transmitter to idle and use the carburator adjustment labeled L to set the low speed throttle.

After you have set the high and low speed throttle adjustments, the engine is ready for flight.
Bryan Davison is offline Find More Posts by Bryan Davison
Old Dec 01, 2006, 05:49 PM
Joined Oct 2006
41 Posts
No problem starting the roto. Runs nice

First fligth sunday maybee!
Old Dec 08, 2006, 11:33 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2 Posts
How's the Roto Twin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtec
No problem starting the roto. Runs nice

First fligth sunday maybee!

How do you like the Roto Twin by now? I'm very interested in one, but haven't seen any real world info...

Thanks
Sam Corlett
Fort Worth, Texas
scorlett is offline Find More Posts by scorlett
Old Dec 08, 2006, 09:56 PM
In Massive Debt
Northampton Massachussetts
Joined Jun 2005
2,001 Posts
I would have said to go with the evolution 58 GX But I guess the Roto will do.
blizzardwarrior7 is offline Find More Posts by blizzardwarrior7