SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpanda View Post
Hi Guys.

First of all a thank you for all of the excellent information here that has made my build (almost) plug and play, with all of the information available (especially Mochaboy's excellent videos) I have had all the answers before I had the questions.

Now for my first issue

I am using:
Crius AOIP v2
MegapirateNG 2.8 R3
Spektrum Dx7 + AR7000

On my first run through the config, I set the TX as TX_Set1 (as it looked like the obvious selection for my setup). But in Mission Planner the controls were all random, throttle controlled roll etc. so I swapped to TX_mwi and now everything is on the right stick.

The issue is Yaw and Roll are reversed. For example to arm I need to go bottom left not bottom right. I have been through the options on my TX and can't find an option to reverse the inputs in airplane mode (it is there in heli mode) so hoped there was a config option.

Thanks for your help.
Select Tx_Set1 and try some different combinations with the cables till you get it right
abriosi is offline Find More Posts by abriosi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:02 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wiltshire
Joined Jan 2013
900 Posts
trying to get a gimbal working but stuck at the install!

it says i need to plug the servos roll and pitch signal into d33 and d32 but where do i get the power from?
ezroller is online now Find More Posts by ezroller
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:17 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk_DP View Post
BTW, I read somewher that you should load the Multiwii first, and then load MegaPirate. Is this true? Or do you just go for the jugular!

I wanted to play around with just the Multiwii first to get the hang of everything... me being a virgin in Multiwii and all.

What do you all suggest? Although it's my first time with Arduino, I am a software /firmware developer so this is not a problem. I've got all of the tools working, Mission Planner, Multiwii GUI, etc. etc, and they feel comfortable.

Just not familiar with the Crius AIO PRO yet.
Not true, just load the firmware of your choice. I would just load MegaPirateNG. It has plenty of code to learn
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:44 PM
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
MegaPirate NG without GPS

The Megapirate can operate without GPS right? Which I don't have yet, or does it need GPS for everything?
SkyHawk_DP is offline Find More Posts by SkyHawk_DP
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Dec 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk_DP View Post
The Megapirate can operate without GPS right? Which I don't have yet, or does it need GPS for everything?
You can get it up and running without GPS just leave GPS protocol as NONE in Arducopter config.
leithalweapon is offline Find More Posts by leithalweapon
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:34 AM
Poland, Mazowieckie, Warsaw
Joined Jan 2009
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezroller View Post

it says i need to plug the servos roll and pitch signal into d33 and d32 but where do i get the power from?
You should have the power on the ESC 3pin connectors (motors).
Use std. serwo cable to grab a power from that place - prepare a special cable.

or (I do it like that):

Remove a signal pin from your servos plug /usually yellow or white cable/. Connect it to the required slot on the board (d33, d32) while connecting remaining 2 (servo power) using original plug to the unused ESC ports.
Paku is offline Find More Posts by Paku
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:17 AM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paku View Post
You should have the power on the ESC 3pin connectors (motors).
Use std. serwo cable to grab a power from that place - prepare a special cable.

or (I do it like that):

Remove a signal pin from your servos plug /usually yellow or white cable/. Connect it to the required slot on the board (d33, d32) while connecting remaining 2 (servo power) using original plug to the unused ESC ports.
I'm using pins 44 and 45 for gimbal servos (FC=AIO PRO), signal and power wires.
Are you saying that I should take the signal from 33 and 32 and power from unused esc pins?

Thanks.
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:24 AM
Joined Jan 2009
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_rui View Post
I'm using pins 44 and 45 for gimbal servos (FC=AIO PRO), signal and power wires.
Are you saying that I should take the signal from 33 and 32 and power from unused esc pins? Does this apply to AIO PRO?
It was just a universal description for how to grab power while connecting signal wire somewhere else.

If you are satisfied with power delivered on 44/45 rows pins (3) your solution is ok.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:41 AM
aka icsss
Joined Feb 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paku View Post
It was just a universal description for how to grab power while connecting signal wire somewhere else.

If you are satisfied with power delivered on 44/45 rows pins (3) your solution is ok.
I'm not satisfied! I have some random twitches on the gimbal servos.

Can you confirm that the gimbal works with signal from pins 33 and 32 and power from 44 and 45?
x_rui is offline Find More Posts by x_rui
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:12 AM
Joined Jan 2009
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_rui View Post
Can you confirm that the gimbal works with signal from pins 33 and 32 and power from 44 and 45?
Can not as I am not using gimbal as for now....
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:00 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,495 Posts
Then, what is your source of information the pins 32/33 carry gimbal command signals ?
As far as I know, they are LED outputs.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:11 AM
Joined Jan 2009
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
Then, what is your source of information the pins 32/33 carry gimbal command signals ?
As far as I know, they are LED outputs.

If you ask me - I have none as I was only answering on powering servos from ESC/motor ports while using other pin as signal source.

Ask original question author.

First of all, what kind of firmware is he using

here is the original question:

Quote:

Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:17 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,495 Posts
Got it paku, going to the source

Quote:

Where "it says" ?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:29 AM
Joined Jan 2009
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
Where "it says" ?
BTW in the pdf file I have on my desktop it's stated as 33/32 are:

Camera Gimbal Control From Rx

it's for megaPierates I think.

so they are inputs not outputs

here is the file:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=5247602
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:02 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,495 Posts
Yes, I am aware about that file, but they state based on the board engraving, which is wrong, imo.
I checked MP code 2.7R4, and pins 32/33 are nowhere assigned to any task.